Anyone know about this black 91 in Calif?

If they won't give you the VIN then you probably don't need to continue your dialogue wioth them. Honest people will disclose everything about the car, send you tons of pictures, copies of work done on the car, let it be inspected anywhere reasonable (you pay), etc.

that thing has been posted for sale for months and months.I seen it also when I was NSX hunting. At that price, its curious why someone hasn't picked it up yet. There might be something the owner isn' telling everyone, might be ridiculously high miles?

If its the one I saw in person being sold by James who works in hunnington Beach and lives in Newport. I had it inspected at AutoWave in Southern California and they deemed it as a "Roach". They charged me 1/2 price because they only put it up ion the rack and didn't need to test anything or take it on a test drive to assess it! I got the vin and ran a carfax on it. There is a Mileage "Blip" where it looks like the odo might have been cranked backwards. It could have been an error in the recording, but the dates and mileage was out of sync.

there was leaks and corosion on the under side. Looks like it might have been in an accident and some areas re-painted. the carpet in the trunk had paint spilled, but James was buying a new trunk liner on ebay. One of the bars between the left and right rear suspension at the low point of the car was bent. Might have bottomed out or been caused by an acident. Paint is fairly oxidized. Also, the emblem in the front has been spun in a circle when one of the screws was out so there are fairly significant scratches in a circle around the emblem, Head unit for the stereo is after market and needs work.......

At that time he was asking 26 and was willing to drop to 25. I suspect he is getting hungry since he got a nasty ticket and insurance is high for him.

I think he bought it from an auction in Utah and is now stuck with a car that has issues and can't dump it.

I'm pretty sure this is the same car. Please make sure before you ignore the car. you should be able to ask some of the above facts and test it, but I would highly recommend having a PPI at AutoWave if you get serious to at least know what your getting into (Thanks AutoWave!!! I'm loving my new NSX and glad I didn't get this one!!!). there are clean cars out there and My advice as a relative new owner is to spend a little more and get something well cared for! Even basic maintenance adds up. do your best to understand what your getting into!

Rick

Rick, thanks for the heads-up. I was thinking about making a trip from Phoenix to Newport to see the car, but the owner always gave me the runaround when I asked for the VIN, and there's no way I'm going to travel w/o seeing a Carfax first. No wonder it's still for sale.

Back