Anyone know about this '91 NSX? (Hawaii especially)

VIN: JH4NA1152M1002516 1991 Acura NSX 5-speed 47,062 miles.

I'm hoping I can pick this up soon but I'm very intimidated about the maintenance work but hopefully I'll manage. I've always wanted an NSX and I feel that the pricing on this one is too good to pass up. I'm hoping there are some Hawaii enthusiast that know something about this ride or hopefully someone can chime in on what to look out for when buying a '91.

Here's a link to the website selling it: http://autoxchangeinc.com/acura-db634.html. There is also someone selling a '91 locally for about 19,500 but this "dealership" is in way better condition.

wow...that was listed when I was in hawaii last year...thought it was a great price, but found out it has a salvaged title:frown: That's why it is still available..

buyer beware....I, personally would never buy a salvaged title car, esp. an NSX..

My 91 NA1 manufatured May 91 with VIN ending in 2508 has a transmission that comes up #8 in the snap ring range.

The VIN 2516 would indicate it was made shortly after mine and I would suspect could very well be in snap ring range. But for $22,900 obo... that is plenty low to pay for any possible issue.

BUT if it's true that it has a salvage title against it... most people stay clear... insurance issues and issues if you want to sell it later.

Depends on what you want... even with a salvage title, if you are wanting a DD or a track car that you don't plan on selling...

Keep us posted :wink:

By the looks of the emblem on the front it has a V instead an A.Must be 1 of those special limited edition Vacuras. :tongue:

wow...that was listed when I was in hawaii last year...thought it was a great price, but found out it has a salvaged title:frown: That's why it is still available..

buyer beware....I, personally would never buy a salvaged title car, esp. an NSX..

91X is right the car has a salvage title and I believe is a complete re-paint. Although the price is very good I think you will regret not buying a better example (not salvage) down the road.

Sorry for the very late replies everyone, been very busy getting things together for the moto gp trip in inidana!!, but not as excited about gettin' that NSX! Well if its is salvage then I'll have to pass, I knew it was too good to be true hehe.. Also at the same time as I mentioned before there was an all silver one being sold privately but I think he sold it since the listing is no longer available. Well, my quest continues!! Thank you everyone for the info and tips!.

91X is right the car has a salvage title and I believe is a complete re-paint. Although the price is very good I think you will regret not buying a better example (not salvage) down the road.

Was this the same NSX that was sold at Autosource sometime ago? If so then yes this is a salvaged NSX. I believe when I inspected it the entire car was blue at one point in its life.

Back