Anyone know '91 JH4NA1155MT001070 in Central Valley/Gustine CA area?

This 1991 Red JH4NA1155MT001070 NSX spent most of its life in Huntington Beach CA area, was involved in an accident and repaired around 60~70k range.

The Carfax currently shows correct mileage, and 'Salvage' title was applied back in '02 and then was repaired and re-titled in LA. Currently has passed emissions from '02 to current date is still on the road driving fine. Wondering if anyone knows the extent of damage and or repairs done to it?

Would like to import this into Canada for a new build project car any info would be much appreciated. :smile:

Thanks,

I found this with pics of the currect condition

but thats probably why your asking

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146845

if its a frame you want to buy for a project who cares
what it looked liked before, or what the car fax shows,

in the end it will be whole again in your hands

fix this thing back to working order and stand back and admire your work.

My mother and father in law live in Modesto and when visiting them I have seen this car driving. I believe it's located in Ceres, CA. When I saw this car on the road it was extremely damaged. I am not surprised it has a salvage title. If you're buying it for an off road track application make sure there is no frame damage.

I found this with pics of the currect condition

but thats probably why your asking

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146845

if its a frame you want to buy for a project who cares
what it looked liked before, or what the car fax shows,

in the end it will be whole again in your hands

fix this thing back to working order and stand back and admire your work.

Yes sir that would be why I'm asking searched the board and couldn't find any other posted information regarding it. I am after the frame/chassis to rebuild it back to life again. Current owner has reported the front passenger side as being repaired, but claims no frame damage to it.

If repaired, vehicle must pass a structural inspection test and be inspected by an authorized gov't technician. Then if vehicle passes test it will be re-branded as "Rebuilt".

I have to be careful because Canadian Law is pretty stringent on what can be imported into Canada and legally put back on the road as "Rebuilt". i.e. No flood cars either.

Last thing I need is to bring this car up to Canada spend time & $$ fixing it to have it fail inspection because it was incorrectly repair previously by someone else. That would deem it as junk/irreparable here in Ontario, and we loose another NSX from the community.

My mother and father in law live in Modesto and when visiting them I have seen this car driving. I believe it's located in Ceres, CA. When I saw this car on the road it was extremely damaged. I am not surprised it has a salvage title. If you're buying it for an off road track application make sure there is no frame damage.

Are you certain it’s the same car posted pics in the above link by the current owner? Owner says hes been driving it for 5years since being repaired.

Can you explain more on "extremely damaged"? What was damaged, or can you comment on the extent you saw and what area(s) were damaged?

No I want it for on road use again so I would need a good chassis with no frame damage. Trying to put Humpty-Dumpty back together again :smile:

Not 100% certain but that would also mean that there are two beat up red NSX in the same area. The one that I saw 2-3 times had a scraped up rear bumper, damage on the driver side door, mismatched wheels with rims only on the back and a damaged passenger rear pannel. That is why I said I wouldnt be surprised if it had a salvage title. If its not the same one I would be surprised.
Regardless of its condition, if you are looking for it for a track car/project car this is perfect for you. I would pick it up either way for $2K.

Not 100% certain but that would also mean that there are two beat up red NSX in the same area. The one that I saw 2-3 times had a scraped up rear bumper, damage on the driver side door, mismatched wheels with rims only on the back and a damaged passenger rear pannel. That is why I said I wouldnt be surprised if it had a salvage title. If its not the same one I would be surprised.
Regardless of its condition, if you are looking for it for a track car/project car this is perfect for you. I would pick it up either way for $2K.

No signs of damage from the owner’s pics that you mentioned? Is it the same car you saw as this http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146845 ?

But I have no pics of frame and body area(s) yet Seller says no frame damage other than salvage repair from 5yrs ago. As long at the chassis is un-damaged & I can import it to Canada I'm considering rebuilding it as a project car. I have another damaged '91 that is about 75% completed I was hoping to resurrect & build one back for the road, and maybe track etc.

I'm trying to get a friend to take a look at this thing, but if anyone else is or around the Gustine or surrounding area and maybe want to help a fellow NSX'er out and take a look for me would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Richie

Last edited:
I'm in Modesto today for work and catching dinner with the in laws. Pm me ASAP if you want me to go check it out.

Oh I didn't know you were going to be that close to Gustine, sorry didn't get read your post until now. I appreciate you offering to help can you PM me your tel #? I'll give you a call maybe the next time your in the area we can arrange something? :smile:

Back