Anyone into guns or sport shooting?

Originally posted by jsottile:
Just curious, another one of my hobbies.....

Yes and Yes. I shoot skeet at least two times a month in the summer and fall. I also target practice with rifles and handguns quite often. There are no inside ranges around here so I can not shoot in the winter at all. I can take down 60 out of 60 clay pigeons thrown two at a time. What type of shooting do you do? What type of weapons do you use? BTW I do not hunt.

[This message has been edited by steveny (edited 13 February 2002).]

we are not hunters, either...

we've got a bunch of glocks (a couple of .45's, a 40 S&W, and a 9mm), a couple of shotguns for home defense, and i just built up a remington 700 PSS in .308 with a leupold 2.5x10 scope... it shoots really tight groups. my wife can consistantly shoot 1" 5 round groups at 100 yds with crappy military surplus ammo. i'm close but not that good...

------------------
Kaye & Trish
1998 NSX-T #176
Red/Tan
No mods...

I am a dumbass for selling it...Winchester 270, accurized, bedded, muzzle brake, 6.5x20 gold ring, custom ammo, the works. Best group was three bullets into the SAME hole at 100 yds.

Next gun - I want to buy my boss's 50 caliper sniper rifle. Accurate to 7000 yds. The scope costs as much as the gun.

Originally posted by Number 6:
we are not hunters, either...

we've got a bunch of glocks (a couple of .45's, a 40 S&W, and a 9mm), a couple of shotguns for home defense, and i just built up a remington 700 PSS in .308 with a leupold 2.5x10 scope... it shoots really tight groups. my wife can consistantly shoot 1" 5 round groups at 100 yds with crappy military surplus ammo. i'm close but not that good...

My best advice is not to make your wife mad! She sounds like a pretty good shot. Have you had the opportunity to shoot any Sig handguns? I have a few and they are extremely accurate right out of the box especially the .380.

I do a lot of long rang shots. I uses various sniper rifles including the Sako TRG 22s & 42s. We use Leupold Mark 4 scopes on those. One is chambered for .308 and the other is a 338. Fun, but expensive, I have over $5,000 in each. I also love shooting pistols. I shot various Colt Gold Cups and Kimbers. I am glad to see others enjoy the sport as well. I would really like to get into skeet. The Remington 700 PSS is very nice as well as the Winchesters. I also shoot some Glocks, very nice defense handguns. I also like the Colt Single Action Army handguns. I do hunt as well. Groundhog hunting is a blast with the sniper rifles.

Glock 45 compact(in my briefcase)Nice gun.
Glock 9mm compact(under the bed)
Kel-Tec P-32(extremely compact)She carries that one.
It looks like a toy.But I sure don't ever want to piss her off (she's got great aim and has taken multiple advanced tactical training courses).She started w/ womens self defense(you know where the learn how to totally mangle the enemy w/ a curling iron and various innocent looking items)then it was on to dis-arming an attacker etc.etc.
The classes she takes are pretty brutal ,she come home pretty bruised up and bleeding at times its funny to see a hot little blonde @ 115 lbs. take down a 250 lb man.And I would imagine quite humiliating.I watched her once at the school and she's like a pit-bull.
I feel bad for the guy who try's to attack her...:):) I'd rather get shot :):) Or fight some guy..

------------------

andy...

i'd LOVE to have a .50! i've been looking at the barrett site... have you seen the videos there? wow...

steveny... yes, i like the sigs and the HK's as well... i just LOVE the glocks because you can't break 'em and they always go bang when you pull the trigger. of all my glocks and over 10,000 rounds, i've had ONE malfunction (a stovepipe that was easily cleared)

mynsx... i use the glock 36 (tiny compact .45) as my carry gun... i have a texas CHL... one of the very few advantages to living here.

------------------
Kaye & Trish
1998 NSX-T #176
Red/Tan
No mods...

HK Socom, HK SP89 modified, HK G3, SPAS 12, Sig P228, AR11 collapsible .22.

Primarily target shooting (Indoor and Out). I'd love to get a .50 Barrett. Those things are monsters!

sanchin
Have you used the SPAS 12 for skeet. I have wanted one of those for years. The higher round capacity is very attractive to me. I know they are very heavy though. Very interested in knowing your opinion on the fatigue factor of using it for long periods of time.

Yes, I really like my Glock's (especially my 36)for it's very realiable and has never jammed on me.
P.S Arizona's laws are great as far as guns go.Then again I guess that depends on which end of the barrel your looking at.
smile.gif

------------------

you adults are crazy..
i am 18 years old and i thuoght i'd be obessed over firearms..
man chill out guys you are really scaring me
well maybe i'll be just like you guys in a decade or something..
i grew up with martial arts, i was taught by my parents and master to physically injure someone severly and not to use weapons.
i find guns impersonal, if you wanna kill someone slit their throat and get the blood all over your hands so you can taste it.. i think if that were the only way less people would kill.. IMO.

well i just successfully made myself sound like the freak now so i'll be getting off the forums.. take it easy guys

Steveny: I've tried taking the SPAS 12 for skeet, and find it far too heavy for any extended session. It's a bear of a shotgun. I bought it for it's mechanical uniqueness and history... not really for it's fundimental practicality.
smile.gif

Hyperlite911: I too grew up with Martial Arts and have studied it for 22 years.... It's nice to take out someone with your bare hands..... but at a distance of 200 feet... I have a hard time believing that your flying sidekick can go that far.
biggrin.gif

All honesty though, the guns are really a subset of toys..... not necessarily arming up for armegeddon or a postal spree. (Note earlier mention of sport target practice)

Yes...

And I want to sell my Sig P229 in .40S&W with factory tritium nite-sites, with 2 factory 10-rd mags...$650.

And also my custom Les Baer Premier II 1911 in .45ACP, with 3 premium 7-rd mags, rosewood diamond grips, trijicon nite-sites, ambi-safety, match-grade barrel and action, 3.5lb trigger pull, etc...will shoot 1 1/2" groups at 50yards off bench rest...$1650.

Andie

well i just successfully made myself sound like the freak now so i'll be getting off the forums.. take it easy guys

Yea well ,whatever.
I am not into guns to kill people.I bought one to defend myself as a last resort(shoot to kill only)especially if the perp has a gun.I do like to go to the range as an alternate to movies etc,etc.

------------------

this is the argument i always have with the anti-gunners... i have guns because they're FUN TO SHOOT! jeez...

as long as i don't shoot you, what business is it of yours WHAT i have?

the one that usually works is, after they've spouted off about how guns are evil, etc, i ask them what kind of car they drive. since virtually EVERY car is extravagant in some manner i then ask them why they bought that particular car since it goes waaaay faster than 55...

you get the drift of the argument...

------------------
Kaye & Trish
1998 NSX-T #176
Red/Tan
No mods...

Back