Anyone In SoCal With Recaro DC2 ITR Seats In There NSX?

Hi,

I am thinking about getting Recaro DC2 ITR seats for my NSX. However, I wanted to check how I fit in them and how they fit inside the NSX before buying.

Does anyone in the SoCal area have them in their NSX that I could check out?

For reference, this is the version that I am looking for.
40591953809a565bd787.jpg

Thanks,
Dan

No, because the stock seats are better in the NSX than in the ITR :tongue: Honda went through a whole mess of R&D to make our seats as awesome as they are...why are you wanting to change them out? Not enough support?

most people here that will go through the trouble to take out their OEM seats put the Downforce NSX-R buckets in their cars (those who can afford them at least) if they're looking for that "Type-R" look. Recaro and Sparco make great SFI/FIA approved bucket seats if you're looking for that look without the associated cost.

I'm pretty sure a few people have put non bucket seats into the NSX, but I can't recall which thread I may have saw that in. Try searching

Best of luck if you decide to go further.

Last edited:
Thanks for your feedback.

I want a seat that works properly with the oem 3-point belt. I know the Downforce/NSX-R one does, but it is more than I want to spend.

There is also the Recaro Pole Position ABE/TUV that is non-FIA with larger side holes for the factory seat belt as this seat is designed for European road cars. However, they do not sell the PP ABE in the US (I spoke with Recaro directly) and only way I have been able to figure how to get it is to order it through overseas vendor at a expensive s&h cost.

I'm trying to figure other alternatives to get more lateral support with using the factory belt.

I'm leaning on ordering a PP ABE seat from overseas, but want to confirm the DC2 ITR seat is not a good alternative.

Thanks,
Dan

Last edited:
Dan,

Long aka Sicarius82 had them in his NSX, so he may be able to help you out. Not sure if he's active on prime though. Good luck.

Kenny

If you're looking for more hold without the need for a full harness I would try these

http://www.cg-lock.com/autocross.html

Not affiliated, but they're a really great product for those of us whom are looking for extra hold without the expense of bucket seats and harnesses.

Pretty cheap compared to any of the other options.

FYI guys, the downforce NSX-R seats are BARELY more expensive than pole positions. And they are a whole lot more comfortable.

Two of you mentioned the "high cost" of the DFR seat but it just isn't the case. We are talking $2-300 more per seat than Pole positions.

But what you need to understand is that the PP is fiberglass, and manual. Order a DF seat without the power conversion, without the NSX-R buttons, without the powered rails, without Carbon and in FRP, and you are very close in price to the Recaros. Add the fact that the seatbelt fits and you are getting higher grade fabrics, and it is pretty much a wash. For a more comfrotable seat.

Contact Thomas at downforce, he has been very responsive to me. Support a great vendor for our cars instead of Recaro.

FYI guys, the downforce NSX-R seats are BARELY more expensive than pole positions. And they are a whole lot more comfortable.

Two of you mentioned the "high cost" of the DFR seat but it just isn't the case. We are talking $2-300 more per seat than Pole positions.

But what you need to understand is that the PP is fiberglass, and manual. Order a DF seat without the power conversion, without the NSX-R buttons, without the powered rails, without Carbon and in FRP, and you are very close in price to the Recaros. Add the fact that the seatbelt fits and you are getting higher grade fabrics, and it is pretty much a wash. For a more comfrotable seat.

Contact Thomas at downforce, he has been very responsive to me. Support a great vendor for our cars instead of Recaro.

I didn't mean to insult, but the prices I last saw for those were quite pricey. Knowing they're now a lot more affordable (site has been down for so long I haven't checked in a while) makes them a very attractive option.

Do you know if the DFR seats are SFI/FIA approved? Last I heard they were pending approval (pm me so not to thread jack the OP)

They've always been affordable. But Peter introduced them with all the options and that's of course expensive. Strip those out and it's affordable. They are FIA approved.

They've always been affordable. But Peter introduced them with all the options and that's of course expensive. Strip those out and it's affordable. They are FIA approved.

You've got my attention with the FIA approval!! :biggrin:

Sweet! I can now get some really awesome seats that will be okay to use at track!

Last edited:
Will the SoS rails fit with DC2/DC5 itr seats?

Would rails have to be fabbed do ya think in order to fit dc2/5 seats?

Back