Anyone here tired of new NSX speculations?

I've already come to realize that the newly anticipated 2nd gen NSX is NOT coming! With all the speculations over the years, many would be buyers have moved on (including myself).

Personally, all Acura had to do was keep the same mid-engine body style, update the stereo, and throw in another 150hp somewhere. Sure sales would continue to be a low 150-200 units per year, but Acura could potentially continue to recover some of their loss through the sales of their other cars from loyal NSX owners.

I think that Acura could have sold well over 1000 units per year had the NSX kept up with the rest of the industry. I believe that this new model will sell 1000 units per year and probably be pre-sold-out like the GT-R... depending on their price point.

Honda has to learn that their strategy of making a car that's slightly ahead, then letting it fall by the waste side over a 10 - 15 year period sucks.

I was just at the Ferrari dealership yesterday and I heard that the F430 is already about to be replaced. It just came out in 2005 and the last year for the coupe will be 2009 and the convertible will be discontinued in 2010 to make way for an improved brand new car.

That's 4 years, that's all we need then it's time to move on and improve.

they missed the boat, although a truly spectacular re-entry would gain everyones interest. Yeah, pigs might fly. It would be nice if they just release the damn thing, so we can all complain how it's not what we want. I still cant afford they old version!
:biggrin:

I think that Acura could have sold well over 1000 units per year had the NSX kept up with the rest of the industry. I believe that this new model will sell 1000 units per year and probably be pre-sold-out like the GT-R... depending on their price point.

Honda has to learn that their strategy of making a car that's slightly ahead, then letting it fall by the waste side over a 10 - 15 year period sucks.

I was just at the Ferrari dealership yesterday and I heard that the F430 is already about to be replaced. It just came out in 2005 and the last year for the coupe will be 2009 and the convertible will be discontinued in 2010 to make way for an improved brand new car.

That's 4 years, that's all we need then it's time to move on and improve.

They did sell more than 1000 per year on average world wide.

Ferrari has to bring out new models every five years or so with their entry level model. In reality, the V8 models are actually replaced every 10 years.

308/328
348/355
360/430

The second iteration of each model is just a upgrade from the first give the illusion of a brand new model. However, each time they upgrade the car, they improved drastically over the old. However, I don't see how they can keep on making such a large improvement over the future models. I believe there is a limit every manufacture can reach due to the limitation of pricing and laws. It will be ridiculous to see a 800-1000hp entry level Ferrari at a price of 500k ten years from now, it just doesn't make any sense.

Simply put.

YES!

There is no new NSX coming. A nice GT. But I'm tired of 5 page long threads on it, without any new info.

the current economy, huge competition.
honda wants to make profit instead of doing the same thing on nsx.

we actually have too many supercars in the world. and more are coming into the market. like GTR, LF-A.

the current economy, huge competition.
honda wants to make profit instead of doing the same thing on nsx.

we actually have too many supercars in the world. and more are coming into the market. like GTR, LF-A.

Wow! love the picture in your avatar !

We do have too many GT supercars....but not enough exotics MR's anymore.

F it, just take the original and modify it to your likeing.....Honda is too busy designing personal jets and enviro friendly cars to design a real sports car again!!!! Prove me wrong Honda...I dare you!!:wink:

Back