Anyone here have only 1 race seat instead of 2?

I want to get a race seat so I wont slide all over the place like my last experience at the track but I only want to do driver side. Some people say it will look stupid while others say it wont look stupid and any real enthusiast will know its for track purpose. What do you guys think? Anyone here with pics of their 1 race seat setup?

I have one recaro right now. Ideally I would like another but it doesn't bother me having one. The fiancé also prefers sitting in the OEM seat.

tapatalk_1339591823952.jpg

Last edited:
It's actually courteous and practical but it looks like shit.

Try removing the OEM thick bottom cushion first. You'll be surprised how much added support it will provide you. You can sit in my car or various other SoCal guys who have done this... I've avoided fixed bucket racing seats because this options works decently well for me.

I was also thinking I could just install seat and belts on track days only and have OEM 99% of the time. I just slide around way too much on oem seat at track.

I like this idea better rather than having 2 seats that don't match.

Try removing the OEM thick bottom cushion first. You'll be surprised how much added support it will provide you. You can sit in my car or various other SoCal guys who have done this... I've avoided fixed bucket racing seats because this options works decently well for me.

Does this bottom cushion just pull out?

No bottom is glued and held on by some fasteners but not hard to remove

I have only 1 in both my cars, NSX has 1 seat total so i can haul more stuff to the track, and my daily has 1 raceseat and 1 stock seat. The only person that should care if they 'dont match' is you. Function>Form, if you need more lateral support on the track, who cares how it looks.

I have just the driver's seat. OEM passenger seat is way more versatile and comfortable for passengers so it's not going anywhere. If I didn't have passengers I would remove it altogether. I don't care how it looks.

I have only 1 in both my cars, NSX has 1 seat total so i can haul more stuff to the track, and my daily has 1 raceseat and 1 stock seat. The only person that should care if they 'dont match' is you. Function>Form, if you need more lateral support on the track, who cares how it looks.

Same here... Looks? What does that matter as long as you are supported doing what you live to do.

I only have one Sparco. I'll probably annoy everyone even more when I move that to the passenger-side and get a halo Recaro for me.

I'm one of those with the stock seat and a 5 point harness and i don't slide anywhere......

I'm one of those with the stock seat and a 5 point harness and i don't slide anywhere......

yeah i used to think that too. It's all relative, so a 5 pt with a stock seat feels secure, until you sit in a real race seat with a 5 pt. then you wonder how the hell anyone can do it in a regular seat. I've got the recaro HANS for my s2k, with 5 pt. you are not going ANY WHERE when strapped in... which is not true in the oem nsx seat.

You are correct in that the harness locks in my torso so my arms can be relaxed,but my legs are loose such that I have to brace them on the door and the tranny tunnel/console. A good fitting race bucket holds your thighs together enough to not need to brace.For me though for what I do in a street car my solution is acceptable.If i ever get a caged car then a snug race seat is a must.

I have a Sparco drivers seat and stock passenger seat. I have a harness bar and 5 point harness for both seats. Both seats are black, so it really isn't very noticeable.

I have a Sparco drivers seat and stock passenger seat. I have a harness bar and 5 point harness for both seats. Both seats are black, so it really isn't very noticeable.

Can you post pics your set up?
Thinking about swapping a passenger seat back to stock...

Can you post pics your set up?
Thinking about swapping a passenger seat back to stock...

I'd like to see this too. You can buy one hell of a race seat for the price of two cheaper ones.

Last edited:
I had this setup for a long time. It didn't look that bad.

Some track day organizers may require "equal" restraints, which may cause some problems if you are running a harness and racing seat on on side and stock seat in the other like I was.

Back