Anyone here dislike or mod the shift paddles? Do the cup holders crowd passengers?

Hey guys. Taking delivery soon and have a few questions. Wondering if any of you have modified the shift paddles, e.g., with the Euroboutique solution. I’m not a fan at the moment of the paddle feel (plasticky) and the clacking sound during shifts. Do others here feel the same? Did it perhaps bug you at first then fade?

Cup holders also look sort of cruddy, and though they might be space invaders for passengers. How’s it in the real world?

Paddle shifters: I never use them; the DCT is as perfect as can be and undoubtedly does a better job shifting than I could. I've seen the Euroboutique ones and they look HUGE in pictures (LDS, anyone?). For a feature I don't even use, I don't want to call extra attention to it.

Cup holders: They sure seem like an afterthought, and mine usually stays in the glove box. But when needed, the cup holder does the job and doesn't encroach unacceptably far into the passenger's space.

Paddle shifters: I never use them; the DCT is as perfect as can be and undoubtedly does a better job shifting than I could. I've seen the Euroboutique ones and they look HUGE in pictures (LDS, anyone?). For a feature I don't even use, I don't want to call extra attention to it.

Cup holders: They sure seem like an afterthought, and mine usually stays in the glove box. But when needed, the cup holder does the job and doesn't encroach unacceptably far into the passenger's space.

Thanks for sharing. I look forward to experiencing the telepathic auto mode, but definitely will use the paddles so I hope I don’t hate them!

Exactly the response I’m hoping for on the cupholders.

I see you’re from Redondo Beach — I’m in Calabasas but work in Redondo. Would be cool to see your Nord Grey sometime.

I see you’re from Redondo Beach — I’m in Calabasas but work in Redondo. Would be cool to see your Nord Grey sometime.

Wow, what a commute! Not as bad as pre-COVID, I'm sure, but still--wow! I'd love to meet up sometime with a fellow NSX owner. Would you believe I've *never* seen another one in the wild?!

Same as with DJ Iceman, I never use the paddles. How it shifts is magic, especially the perfect downshifts. Don’t think I could hit them that perfectly each time.

The cup holder works fine with a passenger, just awkward looking. I don’t use it and usually have a bottle of water that fits nicely between the door and seat laying down.

I never use the paddles either. No need.... I learned early on that I can't outshift the computer! The DCT in this car is amazing, stupendous, incredible, intuitive..... In all my years of fiddling with cars, I have never experienced anything this amazing. How the computer monitors it all and controls it is just amazing to me. The only time I felt the paddles were useful was on the track. I keep it in auto mode, but you can short shift or downshift with the paddles. If you downshift too aggressively, the computer will protect from overrevs and lock out that shift. I have not driven any other supercars, but cannot fathom or imagine a transmission better than this. Truly amazing.......
And I have never felt like the paddle feel was bad? I have felt like they work very well. I know Chris Harris in his early reviews of the car panned the feel of the paddles, but that has not been my experience. Anyway, a great technical achievement in my opinion.

you non paddle guys....... make the effort to try it for a few days and report back

I have played with the paddles as I drive some of the hills in Santa Barbara. Generally I leave it alone. I have thought about the CF shift levers from a looks standpoint. The price vs looks has kept me at bay. As for the cup holders. I have yet to use them. I do not anticipate they will crowd out my spouse. I am changing the color of the seat belts. I purchased new seat belts and will send those in to have the color changed to bright yellow.

I have played with the paddles as I drive some of the hills in Santa Barbara. Generally I leave it alone. I have thought about the CF shift levers from a looks standpoint. The price vs looks has kept me at bay. As for the cup holders. I have yet to use them. I do not anticipate they will crowd out my spouse. I am changing the color of the seat belts. I purchased new seat belts and will send those in to have the color changed to bright yellow.

interesting ...so are you going to coordinate the incoming yellow straps with anything else. Like brake calipers?

Originally the car had a yellow stripe down the middle of the hood and rear trunk area. I had it removed. The calipers were already painted yellow. Also I left the yellow on the edge of the carbon fiber on the front, rear as well as on the side. The intake tubes were replaced with yellow ones as well. I left those on. So now I will add the yellow seatbelts. I will keep the original, so that if something happens in transit I am not stuck. I really don't plan on selling the car but, after my demise, someone will probably sell it. So having the black OEMs will give the buyer an option. I am always planning ahead.....

Attachments

• IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 169
haha there are a lot of edges on the car and the availability of good quality "pinstripe" tape allows for lots of personality...:wink:

I always use the paddles. it is the closest thing i can get to a manual feel on the car. Something to note: you cannot hurt the car when shifting early, or late, the car will not let you perform a money shift. It is very intelligent.
I left the cup holders in the trunk for the first year and more. Then there was a need for them when on a road trip. I have never remove the cup holders since. My wife love the personal cup holder access for her in the passenger seat.

I’ve never driven in auto.. paddle shifting is 1st nature to me.

Back