Anyone have info on this car? JH4NA2169YT000069

Re: Anyone have info on this car?

they are asking to much for it, the last bid was for 40K and it didnt make the Reserve price

Re: Anyone have info on this car?

they are asking to much for it, the last bid was for 40K and it didnt make the Reserve price

Completely disagree. Its a 2000 with reasonable mileage and is really well modded (CTSC, al Comptech parts, brembo brakes, coilovers, nice seats, nice wheels, Acura installed). If it is in great shape and passes inspection well (no stories, paintwork, etc), there is no reason at all for it to not go over $40k.

For comparison, I paid $48k about a year ago for my 99. It was similarly modded (a bit more extensively) and had only 20k miles, but it gives you an idea.

A modded car can go either way. The owner can either hold out for someone who *wants* those mods and will pay a premium (this can take a while, but will pay off if you dont care), or the owner can part it out and sell separately, or the owner can take a potential hit in terms of volume of interest or POSSIBLY sale price.

Bottom line... A well looked after 2000 with 40k and CTSC *should* fetch over $40k.

Yeah... taking another look at that one its kind of ridiculous to think it would go for *less* than $40k. What do you think it should go for? I wish I could have found a car like that for less than $40k when I was looking... Everyone said "too much.. insane" to anything that wasnt salvage level pricing, meanwhile those kinds of deals didnt exist unless the car had been hit and painted.

Last edited:
This person has been trying to sell this car for a long time now. Its has very tasteful mods I feel. I wouldnt be surprised if he wants something in the high 40s maybe even low 50s. I wouldnt buy it in the 50s but if you wanted those EXACT mods you would save a little cash cause to take a stock NSX and do all those mods would get really pricey.

Price ain't bad for the mods you'd be getting - yeah - ole cheappy Tim is saying this- and no nothing wrong with me today...lol. Ok, this one is a 2000 with low miles since the add ons- the only thing that makes me wonder is why would anyone do this and 3k miles ago or so and then want to sell it???? That in itself makes me a bit suspicous - this one get a real detailed ppi on - leak down, compression tests - the whole works.

Could be the guy really is on hard times and needs cash - could be it didn't satisfy after he did the mods and he wants something else - could be that he just stressed the car out and it may be ready to blow - probably not but who'd wanna bet on it without a really good ppi by someone that really knows their stuff. Really does and will give you the HONEST answers you're looking for! Lots to ponder on one like this but like others say if it passes inspection and it's been treated well then it's a lot of stuff for the money you'd pay - so it could be a good deal!!!

Make sure you know which!

Most people want a Stock NSX, thats why most guys that do mod their cars Keep the Original Parts, to put them back in to sell at a later date.
Yeah they have proof the mods were done by some Shop, that his brothers girlfriends neighbors sisters roomate knows. but really Most people would want a Stock one, and if they want later on down the road upgrade it.
I say most/ Not including the guys that track their cars. I am sure they see it as a car ready to race.
For example that Imola NSX that was missing the Intake manifold and lots of other parts cuz they removed the SC to make a quick buck, sat and sat till they guy decided to buy the original parts and get the car back up and running to sell, well it sold very shortly after it was returned to stock and in running condition.

And if I put all this money into a car I would make damn sure to keep the Original parts, and sell them after the car sold " stock " . I could get some of my money back in the aftermarket parts.

And yes this car has been for-sale for a long long time, If this guys asking like 30K for the car and 30K for the mods, 60K car No-thanks, keep your parts, I take the STOCK NSX instead for 30K.

But dont get me wrong I would love to have that car, the mods are what Im saving my money to buy. The car looks great, I am sure its fast as shit.
But if the guy really wants to sell then He will need to drop the price, or return the car to stock and sell the parts later.

Last edited:
A 2000 with all those mods and low miles - if it checks out - really checks out - it should go for more than 40k. My opinion - but I agree basically with Shawn that most people want a fairly stock car. I have one with the mods that I feel are a must on the early models, especially the comptech headers - and I believe I paid something for them in the purchase price of my 91.

Listen I have 34k in mine - a 91 with a few mods - so a 2000 with over 10k in mods is surely worth over 40k IF it's in really great shape maintenance wise! He's got the best Super Charger on the car too. The brakes are - well nice but necessary - I don't know but hey that mod is an expensive one! Bet it stops like crazy - a good thing too cause that SC makes these cars awesomely fast!!! I mean fast!!! Most really can't deal with the power of the OEM version though - they don't have the driving skills but you can always take it to the track and learn :biggrin:

Last edited:
Go see Mitch at Mechanics Direct in Lowell, MA. Check the feedback forum & northeast forum for reviews.

Anyone know of a good place in the Manchester, NH area to get this car PPI'd?

Back