Anyone have any info about this car? VIN# JHNA2164VT000122

Hi everyone,

I've been searching around for my first NSX for a little while now and was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about this car:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=263318219

It's basically exactly what I'm looking for, a 6-speed NSX-T in one of the colors that I like (Black, Silver, Dark Blue) and it's close enough for me to drive it back home. I live in Montreal so I can't really go and inspect it myself, but I did find a local dealer willing to do a PPI for me.

I guess my main concern about the car is looking at the Carfax the current owner only drove the car about 3,500 miles in over 5 years of ownership. That isn't unheard of in these cars, but still seems unusually low, especially since he can drive the car year round. I'm a little worried he could have disconnected the odometer/speedometer periodically to keep his mileage low (I've heard a switch can be fairly easily installed to do this).

In any case, I hope I'm just being overly cautious because I do like this car and I'm ready to purchase. I welcome any advice or info any of you can provide. Also, please feel free to PM me if any of you are selling or know of any nice NA2's for sale.

This site has been an amazing help so far and I look forward to joining the NSX owners community!

Seb

Seb,

I live about 15 miles east of Chapel Hill. As a matter of fact, I know two existing owners who live in Chapel Hill. I could look at this car for you anytime this week.

There is a fairly reliable Acura dealer in Chapel Hill (Performance Acura). But I would recommend having Steve Gooding who lives here in Raleigh. You can search the Southeastern forum for information about Steve. You can't find a more knowledge Certified Master NSX Technician than Steve. He can do a complete PPI for you.

As far as mileage on the car. I can tell you that I have owned my NSX for just over 3 years and average about 1,000 miles a year. I have a '99 NSX-T Black/Black, just about identical to this one. This is entirely possible that he hasn't driven it much.

John

Thank you John. I did speak with someone at Performance Acura and they were willing to do an inspection for me, but I'll take your advice and contact Steve Gooding first.

If you would be willing to go look at the car before I have the PPI done that would be great! I'd definitely really appreciate it. I'm not finding it easy to buy a 12 year old car without being able to see it first!

Back