Anyone ever hear of Autobacs?

Do they carry NSX toys? Here is an artice I saw in Tire Business:

Japanese aftermarket retailer opens mega store in Calif.
Tire Business staff report©

STANTON, Calif. (August 20, 2003) — Autobacs Seven Co. Ltd., Japan’s largest automotive aftermarket parts and accessories retailer, is opening its first U.S Super Autobacs “Car-Life” mega store in Orange County, Calif. The new Super Autobacs store in Stanton features 35,000 square feet and two floors of specialty automotive goods including tires, wheels, sport-utility vehicle goods, car care products, car audio and DVD, GPS and security systems, books, collectibles, apparel and thousands of car accessories. An international style café lounge area on the second floor allows customers to snack and relax while viewing their car repair or custom installation in the 15-bay pit service area below. Founded in 1948 as a wholesaler and retailer of automobile parts, Autobacs Seven is considered to be the “Wal-Mart” of car accessories in Japan because it’s a one-stop source for all automotive needs. More than 500 Autobacs franchises operate across Japan and overseas. The first Autobacs specialty store opened in Osaka, Japan in 1974, and Autobacs U.S.A. Inc., the company’ s subsidiary, was established in 2001. Earlier this year, company executives in Japan told Tire Business they planned to test the Car-Life store concept in select U.S. markets, beginning in California.

I saw the store on TV. Wow! What an inventory. I saw a wall of fiberglass car noses. Next best thing to a trip to Japan and a stroll down one of those streets with all the different tuner shops side by side.

They are sponsors of the NSX and the JGTC series itself.

035_48.jpg

I was one of the lucky ones to get a pre-opening tour of Super Autobacs along with the Orange County NSX group. There were about 15 of us that night. We were outside the parking lot when some execs from the store saw us and invited us in.

This place is amazing. I've never seen anything its equal. They are holding a Grand Opening on Aug 28th and I think we will all be there.

Yes, they sell NSX toys. From the micro-matchbox size, to RC size. The NSX even had its own display table when were there. We didn't get too look long but I'm sure they have video stuff of the NSX too. I'm so excited, I'm gonna pee.

2 Cool 2 Be In 2 Fast and 2 Furious

Ever wonder why such an average movie like The fast and The Furious spawned a sequel? It turns out that the first movie became a big boost to the aftermarket parts business. So much so, that a joint marketing effort is under way by the 2F&2F movie studio and several parts makers to bring custom parts to the mainstream's conciousness. This is part of a five year marketing effort which should include a TV series. This helps explain the rash of new "Two Guys and a Garage" type shows.

I hope that Autobacs can keep up it's high standards and selection of products. I would hate to see some companies try to muscle in on store shelf space and limit selection.

WOW!!! I can't believe that I havn't heard about this yet! This is amazing. Does anyone know why there hasn't been any publicity about this???

MAJOR STONER said:
I saw the store on TV. Wow! What an inventory. I saw a wall of fiberglass car noses. Next best thing to a trip to Japan and a stroll down one of those streets with all the different tuner shops side by side.
I've visited their Tokyo-area shop... very interesting array of products. As mentioned above, they are primary sponsors of the JGTC race series

Actually, it's more like 400+ miles.

I'm sure if you asked nicely in the Southwest forum, someone from Orange County will pick up whatever it is you want and bring it to you @ NSXpo.

autobacs is kind of sucky. super autobacs is the biz, they have all the good stuff, but i gotta go to hiroshima for my closest one :(
bought my incar dvd system there :)

Back