Anyone considering stepping up to a 360-Part 2

Posted by jvmax1:

did it 2 months ago and no looking back. Yes, the NSX is a good car but it's lacking that certain thing you get with a Ferrari that you just can put into words. Until you own a Ferrari you will understand. Also, I am not sure if it's my age (37) but I cant stand modded and bling'd out cars. I know it's a personalized thing to do, but it is so overdone these days. It just really takes away from a stock car in both value and looks.

There is a lot of Ferrari owners that went from a NSX into a Ferrari, it's just a stepping stone when you are a true car enthusiast and have the funds to do so. I am also seeing the true enthusiasts buying up the 2002-2005 and keeping them stock while the earlier NSX's are heavily modded as the younger Honda and Acura crowd are able to get into the NSX in the $20's.

I am compelled to make a separate post to the above commentary from jvmax1.

What is most troubling with this opinion is the emotion based rhetoric that lacks credibility contained in the post. I am a enthusiast and enjoy the banter of fellow enthusiasts, however when brash statements of this nature,
"but it's lacking that certain thing you get with a Ferrari"
fails to adequately describe/define the
that is
"missing".
The feelings one derives from a material object cannot be measured, plotted nor graphed in some fashion as to say ones excitement factor is greater than another. This is commonly referred to as passion. It is a feeling that cannot be bottled and comparing the passion one gets from his/her interests, be it bird watching or exotic cars is foolhardy at best. Certainly owning an F-car is considered in automotive circles is a passion, but can you really stake claim that it is more passion than the first time buyer of an NSX? I know not.

Also, the statement
"I am not sure if it's my age (37)"
is neither applicable to nor germane to the subject matter at hand. It can be construed as soliciting for retorts that
(1) look at me. I'm only 37 and own a Ferrari. or
(2) My age is a measure of maturity and my opinion is without credibility due to a chronological fact.
Either of these have no bearing on opinions expressed with one caveat; Of course it would hold less weight coming from a 18 year old. Many well versed, intelligent famous people have reached credibility in many professional circles at the age of 37.

The statement
"but I can’t stand modded and bling'd out cars. I know it's a personalized thing to do, but it is so overdone these days. It just really takes away from a stock car in both value and looks."
is as well without merit of the subject matter contained in the original post. I reiterate that the question was asked if you would consider stepping up to an F 360? Where does "modding" come into play here? Certainly "modding"
is done on many NSX's, (mine included) but F-cars are modded as well. "bling'd out cars" are cars that commonly included but not limited to low riders, tuners, etc. The NSX is certainly not "bling'd" out as well as F-cars. Again, off topic comment that is far removed from exotic cars.

I expect some flames from this post but when opinion and hearsay is misconstrued as fact and stating that passion is something that can be measured, it is just plain wrong. I am glad jvmax1 has an F-car and I too have considered owning one.
"it's just a stepping stone when you are a true car enthusiast and have the funds to do so."
I have the means to own a more than one Ferrari 360, and a host of other exotics but my "dream" car has and still is an NSX. The only "stepping stone" I own is my achievment in my career and personal life, not in material objects.

Passion comes from within lest we forget.
6429signature_good.jpg

Sky :rolleyes:

Back