Anyone buy a new NSX and NOT finance through Acura?

Being told by my salesperson that the $30k incentive is dependent on financing through Acura Financial. Anyone here buy a car and either pay cash or finance/lease through anyone other than Acura?

That is correct..... There is no prepayment penalty, so seemed worth it to me to get a $30K rebate. I took advantage so no comment on cash or other financing sources.

Get the loan and incentive then re-finance it or pay it off in a month or two. The rate (4.1%) isn't a market rate. One of the dealers I talked to said they would even help me refinance it at a more competitive rate. Why would you pass up $30K just to finance it elsewhere from the start?

186k msrp

Get the loan and incentive then re-finance it or pay it off in a month or two. The rate (4.1%) isn't a market rate. One of the dealers I talked to said they would even help me refinance it at a more competitive rate. Why would you pass up $30K just to finance it elsewhere from the start?

Looking at a red one today with 186k msrp. What would be the lowest it could go on a new non demo car? Also no penalty to refinance next month?

Looking at a red one today with 186k msrp. What would be the lowest it could go on a new non demo car? Also no penalty to refinance next month?

No penalty to payoff. I'd say about $12-$14K off MSRP before incentive seems to be the going rate right now.

Discounts are averaging $40-45K, including the Acura rebate, but less on low optioned cars. If you're ready to buy, tell them if they can sell it to you for $143K you'll buy it. If they say no, go on to the next one. There are still a couple hundred for sale out there new, in my estimation. Give the dealer an ultimatum and be willing to walk if they say no. My first offer got countered, and I said no thanks, then an hour later, bought a car for $7k less than the one I first made an offer on. Some dealers will deal, and some won't. Which color red?? Curva or Valencia? The dealer I bought mine from just took delivery of a Valencia red one...... If you're interested, I can forward contact info.

Why would you pass up $30K just to finance it elsewhere from the start?

I probably wouldn't. But I was initially inclined to either pay cash or perhaps do a corporate lease through Putnam that has tax advantages beyond what Acura can offer. I appreciate everyone's input.

Last edited:
186400 msrp with total discount was down to 145000. With 25000 down the payment on a 36 month lease was 983. No money Down was 1800 a month. They offered 3.99 on 72 thru a local credit union. I figured I’ve got 2k more to drop. It was Valencia did not have outside cf and engine.

Discounts are averaging $40-45K, including the Acura rebate, but less on low optioned cars. If you're ready to buy, tell them if they can sell it to you for $143K you'll buy it. If they say no, go on to the next one. There are still a couple hundred for sale out there new, in my estimation. Give the dealer an ultimatum and be willing to walk if they say no. My first offer got countered, and I said no thanks, then an hour later, bought a car for $7k less than the one I first made an offer on. Some dealers will deal, and some won't. Which color red?? Curva or Valencia? The dealer I bought mine from just took delivery of a Valencia red one...... If you're interested, I can forward contact info.

I'm interested, can you please send contact info?

Back