Anybody owned Porsche 911 Carrera? Have you seen Cradle 2 the Grave movie?

Anyone know a good porsche forum web site?

I would like to know what type of exhaust they used on the Light Blue convertible Porsche 911 Carrera on Cradle 2 the Grave movie. I love the exhaust sound, or is that the engine sound.
If you have seen the movie, could you tell me if that is a stock car? Or a modified car?
Thanks.

------------------
--
'94 NSX Brooklands Green Pearl/ Onyx
- GruppeM Intake & Exhaust V.3
'01 M3 Laguna Seca Blue/ Grey
'03 MDX Starlight Silver/Ebony
- 260 HP -> VROOM VROOM
'93 300SE MBZ

Try www.rennlist.com.

I haven't seen that movie you're referring to. I was big into Porsches until I got my NSX - had a RUF-conversion 911 Turbo.

Some great sounding exhausts for 911s are B&B and Fabspeed. You may want to check out The Racer's Group in Sonoma, CA (they just won the overall Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona) and www.powerhaus.com. Hope this helps!

Thanks. I appreciate it. I know there are some Porsche owners in this forum.

When I ownerd my 99 996 I hung out on CFG's 996 board (www.funcarsonline.com). Good source of info.
Aaron

I am running an open exhaust on my C4 turbo. Single turbo straight out via a 4" resonated oval tip. It is my daily driver. It sounds great, though may be too loud for other's taste (much like my NSX exhaust ;-). Interestingly, it is significantly quieter than the NSX.

fcda1680.jpg

Happy motoring,

Ben

Originally posted by beckertb:
I am running an open exhaust on my C4 turbo. Single turbo straight out via a 4" resonated oval tip. It is my daily driver. It sounds great, though may be too loud for other's taste (much like my NSX exhaust ;-). Interestingly, it is significantly quieter than the NSX.

I am running Straight headers and a Dual in Dual out Flowmaster with resonated tips with mine. It sounds like a v8 small block at idle at WOT it sounds very wicked. Sorta like B&B just a little more tinny.

3_8twks.thumb.jpg

3_82.thumb.jpg

3_84.thumb.jpg

Stock Porsche mufflers are pretty quiet for the most part. The B&B my friend has on his, has got to be the Nicest sounding exhaust I have heard on any car.

[This message has been edited by len3.8 (edited 03 March 2003).]

[This message has been edited by len3.8 (edited 03 March 2003).]

Originally posted by insx:
Anyone know a good porsche forum web site?

As pointed out, rennlist is one of the best Porsche discussion forums.

Originally posted by insx:
I would like to know what type of exhaust they used on the Light Blue convertible Porsche 911 Carrera on Cradle 2 the Grave movie. I love the exhaust sound, or is that the engine sound.
If you have seen the movie, could you tell me if that is a stock car? Or a modified car?
Thanks.

I've seen the movie. The car looks like a standard '03 C2 Cab. The exhaust is most probably either stock, or the factory-option Sports Exhaust system (part of the Tequipment line). With Porsche did a minor redesign in '02, one of the things it changed was to introduce a stock exhaust that was throatier than the stock exhausts on the previous 996's (the latest model of the 911's). In doing so, however, it still allowed owners the option to choose a Sports Exhaust system, which is an even deeper, more rumbling sound than the stock. What you saw is probably one of the two. I wasn't paying that much attention to the sound of the exhaust note when I watched the movie, so I can't recall which one it was.

Regards.

One thing about Movies, sounds and dialouge are usually dubbed during editing. So it's really hard to tell what exhaust you were actually hearing. I would go to rennlist and search for posts of exhaust and those that have sound, so you can listen.
Len

Thanks for the suggestions.

[This message has been edited by insx (edited 05 March 2003).]

Back