Anybody know about this NSX? JH4NA1156MT000591

Re: Anybody know about this NSX?

That car is also on ebay right now. If it's in good shape that's definitely a good price IMHO. My X has 140,000 and still in good shape.

I'm in the market for one and just started looking. This was the first one I've been able to test drive. I had to drive from San Diego to see it, as the market is much smaller down there.

The good:
It drives great. Mechanically it feels like everything I thought it would feel like.

The bad:
The front bumper has paint missing (scrape) on the passenger side. The driver's side of the bumper has the bottom lip coming off a bit.
The frontend must have had some repaint because there is paint bubbling on the passenger side near the headlight/fender area.
The interior of the car looked uncared for, and looked like it was not a garaged car.
The stereo controls looked chewed up, faded, and chipping.
The climate control display was off, so it would not display what was happening (though the climate controls at least seemed to do stuff when you hit buttons).
One of the vents on the driver's side door had all the slats broken off.
The driver's seat had sun damage with audible cracking sounds when you put pressure on the front of the seat, and a tear on the usual spot on the side bolster area of the seat.
The glove box had a tinfoil wrapper with rotten food in it...not a car condition problem, but a lack of care from the dealer problem.
Fairly loud wind noise even at speeds as low as 50mph on the driver's side was distracting during the test drive.

The dealer was full of crap (IMO) stating that he paid $24,000 at auction for the car, which I can't possibly believe considering the car's condition, especially when he then stated that he's sunk over $1000 into the car. Makes me wonder what the car was like when he got it.

The biggest disappointment for me is that this company specializes in the highest end luxury and sports cars from Europe. The other cars in their showroom were beautiful...Bentley's, Lamborghini's, etc. To see them selling an NSX in such aesthetic disrepair was criminal, and I couldn't understand how such a high-end dealer could possibly sell it without fixing the problems.

Believe me, the car's photos were taken at the most perfect angles and lighting to hide all of these problems. Seeing it in person was a completely different story. And when their autotrader ad states immaculate interior and flawless paint from bumper to bumper, I felt cheated out of an hour and a half drive each way.

The even crazier thing is that this same car was on their site for $24,000 just a few days ago. I don't even think it's worth the new lower price.

Last edited:

Thank you very much for your input. You just save a few members here time and money. Your effort is greatly appreciated!

Back