Anybody here play EQ2 or WOW?

Hey anybody else here into mmorpgs like me? im playing the wow open bet right now and eq2 comes out today!

Yeah, I've been in the WoW Alpha+Beta since about Feb/Mar. I used to be pretty heavily into MMORPG's (starting from EQ beta in late 1998) and have played pretty much all of them, but haven't had much time lately. You know the guy who started up EQ is an NSX owner, and posts here (occasionally) right? :)

For real? That is awesome i didnt know that. I guess it makes sense anybody smart enough to start everquest would have an nsx :D . Anyways I just installed EQ2 and im patching right now.

It took me all the way to Neo's post before I even understood what the heck you guys were saying! LOL! Nice to see other people use the lingo of geekdom as well. BRAVO! :D

Hehe, well as far as I know he's no longer with Verant and is working on some other stuff. I'm not sure if he was actually involved in any of the early design of EQ2 or not. His online character was Aradune, the only guy in the early days with that flaming sword -- quite a sight to see!

I was heavily into MUD's and what not prior to EQ, but that's the one that really got me heavily addicted to the visual ones. Ultima Online just didn't do it for me. All these other ones have come and gone (Anarchy Online, Asherons Call, Dark Age of Camelot etc) but EQ remains the grand-daddy of them all continuing to have the best success. I think World of Warcraft is going to give it a serious run for the money though -- it's a much better game, and has excellent backing from Blizzard.

Back