Anybody here know anything about replacing interior leather and carpet?

Hi guys, I'm about to purchase a black NSX with bone interior. I was wondering if I could get an opinion and maybe a question i have answered.

All of the bone interiors i've seen (2), they seem like they are almost impossible to keep clean looking. So i was wondering what some of ya'lls opinion of whether this true or not.

Also, since the Nsx i'm buying shows alot of wear on the drivers seat. I don't know if i'm alone in this but the leather seats are almost as important to me as the exterior paint. For some reason, to me, nothing makes a car look old than an interior that shows wear. So I'm thinking, since i'll be reupholstering the drivers side leather to make it look stock brand new, i'm contemplating just redoing it all (both seats and carpet) in a light tan color. However, i don't plan on adding any fancy stuff like 2-tone seats, etc. I want it to look like it came out of the factory when it's done.

So has anyone ever had their seats and carpet reupholstered or familiar with someone that has? And since i don't want anything fancy, does anyone have a ballpark figure on what an upholstery shop might charge for this?

Looking at buying my car perhaps? :biggrin:

I looked into replacing the carpet and leather on my car before I put it up for sale, and I may still end up doing it. Your best bet is to look here on NSXPrime in the Vendor forum and check the current group buy for carpet (I think it's something like $400 shipped). For the seats, another listing in the Vendor forum is from Leatherseats.com and they have a pretty good yearly group buy for replacement seat leather. I think that their price is somewhere in the $700 range.

Hope this helps!

Chuck

Actually, that did help. Thanks.

I also see you have the exact same year and color NSX i am interested in buying. Would you mind PM me some details on it, if you haven't sold it yet?

Also, if anyone else has had an experience with redoing the interior to look stock, please tell me about you experience,

Leatherseats.com is the best way to go for new leather.

Here is a link to my job.

6429sig_red_sm.jpg

Sky:smile:

642951.jpg

If you put a light interior back in it... well.. you're in the same boat in a few years needing to spend all the money over again for a clean looking interior. I can send you links to black interiors with high mileage and you'd think it was brand new. Why not replace the carpet with black and the seats with black recaros? Lose some weight... kill leather which ages/cracks even if you use lexol etc. and get darker mats?... I have a 98 that had tan interiort and the issue with tan is that as things age the different pices of plastic etc. age differently and fade to different colors and show dirt really bad. vinylex and Lexol do wonders but it won't ever look as clean as my 91 black interior did. So I'm in the process of converting to black. I put zanardi mats in... left the tan carpet for now... and I am putting in black recaros... just so it looks nice and clean and will rmain that way. Light interiors are really hard to keep... especially ivory.

Back