Any thoughts on this one?

I have transisitoned from a wide eyed admirer to agressively, yet cautioulsy, going about finding my NSX. Like many, my target is a clean quality unit with lower miles and priced under $35K. This one has peaked my interest, along with that of several other buyers!
1991 Acura NSX Red/Black
$25,500
Vin #: JH4NA1153MT002766 Transmission # J4A4 1003765
Current OD: 45786 miles
Condition: Excellent all around

1. need new front tires (within next 2k miles)
2. Rear right wheel has a curb mark
3. Someone keyed on the rear right quarter about 8 inches long
4. ABS brake needs service

The owner is very passionate about the vehicle but the maintenance is a concern. The tranny is in snap ring range and has not been addressed. Timing belt/water pump is also original.

Thanks for your time and expertise,
Micah

The ABS problem could be a big deal.

If it is simply stuck solenoids repair may consist of exercising the ABS by locking the brakes a few times. Pine needles on a parking lot are ideal. :wink:

The next possibility up the ladder is to exercise the solenoids with a home brew switch box from a friendly NSX owner or at a local dealer that is familiar with the problem.

If it is a failed modulator (totally stuck solenoids) list price is $2800 for a new part. Rebuilt units are no longer available.

I needed a new modulator and even with a friendly dealer who will discount the price you are talking $2200-$2500 for the job.

Sid

Low miles and a low price...just figure putting 3-5k into it and you'll have nice runner (most likely).

And even at that, it's still a decent price with that few miles...at least in my area.

Back