Any Thoughts? JH4NA21692T000225

I am interested in a 2002 Silverstone/black NSX with 30K miles. It is listed here on Prime. Seller wants 53K. Apparently the first prospective buyer backed out after PPI. I contacted the first prospective buyer and the only info was that it needed approx. 8k in deferred maintenance so he backed out. I am already somewhat apprehensive based on this info, but was wondering what others thought and what would be a fair price. Any help would be appreciated.

Good God... eight-gurr in maintenance needs? I'd expect that from an older model but not any of the newer ones. Yikes. The first buyer did not indicate what it needed? They should have shared the ppi with you at least.. geez.

yeah 8K worth of maint :eek:

if the person dropped it down to meet you with that 8K
then possibly a real steal.

I had the same reaction . He did not give me any other details. I may email him again and ask for the contact info for whoever did the ppi and speak to them directly.

I'd like to find out why it needs 8k in services, but if that is truly the amount needed to bring this car current, then I would subtract it from my offer and move on if the seller refuses to negotiate.

So what is this car worth assuming I get all maintenance up to date? This would include tb/wp and anything else found during the ppi.

So what is this car worth assuming I get all maintenance up to date? This would include tb/wp and anything else found during the ppi.
Low to mid 50s is probably in the ballpark IMO. I know there were a couple of low mileage 2001s that sold for 53k and 55k recently.

Agree - assuming maintenance up to date, a clean 02 with that mileage should get at least 50k to 55k. Keep us posted. Jay

Thanks for the help. Should all of the belts/hoses also be replaced to bring it up to date? What do most people consider up to date maintenance for an 02?

Thanks for the help. Should all of the belts/hoses also be replaced to bring it up to date? What do most people consider up to date maintenance for an 02?

I'm not familiar with the recommended time interval for belt/hose replacement (other than the timing belt), but if there isn't one I would defer to a trusted NSX tech's opinion after a PPI.

Back