Any Porsche 912 owners out there?

My NSX now shares time with a couple of 1966 Porsche 912'si have purchased over the last 2 years. One is fully restored and the other is work in progress.
Quite a contrast in cars and driving experience. With the NSX " arrest me speeds " are a constant temptation, with a 912 constant attention is needed just to drive it well. You can run it hard and have fun doing it without fear of being arrested....IMG_4339.jpgIMG_3901.jpg

Beautiful, one of my favorite! Wish I could afford another dream car. LOL!

Your white car reminds me of my '67. I have very fond memories of that car. Like so many of my cars, I wish I'd never sold it :(

912 2.jpg

I've got a 996 Turbo but would love an early 911/912 to join the stable. Sadly with the prices rising what seems like monthly, I might be too late.

Great combo you have!

My father bought his second wife a Green/black late sixties 912 and I remember them leaving it home when they went to Bermuda for a vacation.
She took the keys, wrote down the mileage and exact fuel level and let me know they did.
They barely turned the corner and I had it hot wired, pulled the speedo cable and I was off for a great weekend.
I remember my date, after dinner in a popular restaurant, gave me such a nice kiss that I got flustered and screwed up the wires not seeing well in the dark, couldn't get going. God, she could sure kiss. Well, I eventually calmed down and got it going and took off to continue terrorizing the roads.
They came home she always suspected something but could never prove a thing. I told her 20+ years later. My dad, of course, had no doubts about what I could and would do with the car sitting home, alone and got a laugh out it. He was cool.

Last edited:
My father bought his second wife a Green/black late sixties 912 and I remember them leaving it home when they went to Bermuda for a vacation.
She took the keys, wrote down the mileage and exact fuel level and let me know they did.
They barely turned the corner and I had it hot wired, pulled the speedo cable and I was off for a great weekend.
I remember my date, after dinner in a popular restaurant, gave me such a nice kiss that I got flustered and screwed up the wires not seeing well in the dark, couldn't get going. God, she could sure kiss. Well, I eventually calmed down and got it going and took off to continue terrorizing the roads.
They came home she always suspected something but could never prove a thing. I told her 20+ years later. My dad, of course, had no doubts about what I could and would do with the car sitting home, alone and got a laugh out it. He was cool.

Ha! Great story!

I remember my date, after dinner in a popular restaurant, gave me such a nice kiss that I got flustered and screwed up. couldn't get going. God, she could sure kiss. Well, I eventually calmed down and got it going........

I thought I was reading some sex story for a few seconds.
Steve

Joe, that makes me wonder what my son will tell me in twenty years. Great story thanks for sharing.

Ed

Back