Any options beside Acura new window motors?

I know there has been a lot of discussion on this topic, but here is another post...

My passenger window is stuck half way down and my driver's side is very slow and weak. I think I need new motors, but I'm not sure. If I do, are there any other options beside oem new (ie rebuilt, aftermarket, ect.)

Any help anyone could offer would be great.

Also, as you can tell, I'm new here. What does PM stand for? Does it mean personal message?

BlackBeauty92 said:
Also, as you can tell, I'm new here. What does PM stand for? Does it mean personal message?

Private Message = PM

Also have you checked to make sure your thingies that connect the cable ends aren't broken on your window regulators? Many a windows have been fixed by installing the fix it things and a fresh coat of lube.

Hal_396 said:
Also have you checked to make sure your thingies that connect the cable ends aren't broken on your window regulators? Many a windows have been fixed by installing the fix it things and a fresh coat of lube.

I tried that but it didnt work.:frown:

Anyone used different brand or model window motors? Mine is a little slow also. What options are out there besides a rebuild or oem?

BlackBeauty92 said:
Any help anyone could offer would be great.

Also, as you can tell, I'm new here.
Have you read the section of the FAQ about this? It describes (and pictures) the clips that can break, causing the problem, as well as the preventive repair using the fix-it thingies.

You can access the NSX FAQ (answers to Frequently Asked Questions) by clicking on the word FAQ in the red bar at the top of every web page on NSXprime (it looks like the red bar at the bottom of this post). Then click on Troubleshooting, and then on Power Windows.

04jannavbar.gif

Incidentally, if you're looking for the best NSX mechanics in your town, go to the Import Doctors.

Wheelman said:
Anyone used different brand or model window motors? Mine is a little slow also. What options are out there besides a rebuild or oem?

If your windows are slow they need maintenance. The tracks should be cleaned out and regreased. If you have an early car, install the thingies at that time that the door is apart. These take a few hours each to do, and you need to be careful about the adjustment. RTM:).

HTH,
LarryB

Back