Any opinions on these parts? URGENT!! May buy tonight!

RESPOND QUICKLY!!! I MAY BUY TONIGHT AT 8PM! IT IS 5PM NOW! There is a red and black car on Ebay. 1993 (Red/Black car) I think it used to owned by SON from Fontana (IA Motorsports?)?

Here are some of the parts on the car:

Endless Zeal Function B6 Coilover suspension-How hard/soft is it? Can it be adjusted for firmness? Height is adjustable.

Taitex JCTC Parallel Exhaust
Taitec Exhaust Straight Pipes
HKS Super Megaflow Intake
BRS Autodesign GT Widebody kit
Downforce NSX-R Carbon Fiber Wing

I may buy this car. I know that some here are not that excited about widebody kits. I am thinking that it might not be such a good idea to buy a car with a fiberglass widebody kit. What happens if I get into a fender bender? It would be hard to fix fiberglass.

The owner says that the odo shows 189k miles, but has a motor in it with 90k miles on it, but no documentation of that. This car definitely looks real cool, so I will probably pass on this on. But....you never know.......I may fall in love with the looks. Today is April 11th, 2007. 5pm, GOING OUT TO SEE IT AT 7pm. RESPOND QUICKLY!

I guess the thing that worries me is the no documentation for the replacement engine. The hard to fix widebody. Well........you can't have everything.....where would you put it?

Thanks guys!
John

That car has been around a few times. The mods are okay but that body kit kills the car, which is pretty beat as is. I wouldn't pay more than $20k for it. I don't think it sold much more than than last time. I hope you don't pay what they're asking on ebay right now.

Good Luck

the coilovers and exhaust are nice, but won't compensate for the rest of the car. the car needs MAJOR TLC. Just replacing the panels back to factory will cost more than what the auction is going for. I wouldnt touch that car with a 10 foot pole. 12k is the estimate just to re-work and do the body kit correctly, which will just crack and explode the first rogue tire you hit. The front bumper is aerodynamically challenged. it will flex and break under mid-high speed.
Besides, that kit is horrendous. Just say no to body kits.

Thanks for the help guys!

Well, I just test drove it. The sticky widebody tires really helped it around the corners. The motor felt strong. Supposedly, the engine was put in it at around 60K and now it has 90K on it. Certainly seems that way. But the seller has no documentation to support that. So........someday.....when I am the seller, I will have the same problem. Newer motor, but no docs. No docs=it didn't happen! The exhaust, straight pipes, and intake seem to add some performance to it. The interior was actually very, very nice. Cassette with CD changer was functional. I really liked the Taitec exhaust. I was expecting the Endless Zeal B6 Coilovers to be stiff, but they felt firm, yet damped. I am fairly enthusiastic about the suspension. The suspension is SSSSWEET! The suspension height is adjustable. The car has no rear valence, looks funny from the rear. But looks wise.........the car looks rear awesome (except for the valence).

I guess the thing is..........I am not sure if I like that body kit. I think I like the stock NSX body. Stock NSX....beautiful as is!

Well, I am not sure what I am going to do. Would you buy it?

Thanks!
John

Like I said I wouldn't pay more than $20k for it, if that. The lack of a diffuser is odd, but you can put Dali's version of the Taitec diffuser for $600, then it'll look pretty sweet. The mods are nice, but they certainly don't compensate for the rest of the car, which needs some serious attention. Whoever bought that car probably paid $20k or so as that is about what it was listed at before it sold. I'll take it back and say that the car is worth $15k or less. It's just too much work........ A car with similar mileage would sell for about $20k or less, so you figure -$5000 for the condition of the car.

I wouldn't touch it...Save your money and buy one that has full documentation. I wouldn't buy a car on ebay...most good cars are advertised on autotrader, cars.com, and this site because they have nothing to hide.

Come on now.......is that the first NSX you have driven, seen, what? It just seems from your post that you really do not know what you are looking for.

The car has no rear valence because one was never put on after the widebody conversion or the previouse owner back up into it and crack it, since it sits a lot lower and if you are not carefull, it will be gone the first time you back into a parking space at your local supermarket.

As fas as for the rest of the car, I know SON tried to turn it into show car but it never happen because of lack of funds, he even did try to sell the BRS body kit on Prime since he's tight with BRS, I almost bought one to say the least.

I think it is up to you, if you part the car out, from the upgrades along you should get 7k easy without the bodykit (Taitec exhaust w/test pipe, DF NSX-R CF Wing, Works wheels/tire 18/19, Endless suspension), if you wanted a prestine condition NSX this is not the one, but if you want a widebody NSX to start with and are willing to do some work on it. This is no a bad place to start.

A new paint job, re-build motor, check/replace all major holes and connection while the car is getting repainted, than you are into the car for around $40k while you are rebuilding the motor, might as while get some mods for the motor such as bigger injectors, or SOS NA motor upgrade stage 2 kit. There are many options if you choose to do so.

At the end, it is still all up to you. These are just my thoughts.

Parting the car out won't neccesarily be in your best interest, although it's one thing you can do. The parts however aren't worth that much and still may not justify you buying the car. Here is what you can get for the following parts:

Taitec JGTC exhaust: $700-$900
Test Pipes: $100-$150
DF NSX-R wing: $700-$900
Work wheels: $1500 since the tires are mis-matched
Zeal coilovers: $1000

So maybe $4k-$5k, but then you need to replace all that stuff..... Wing, exhaust, wheels/tires, suspension, cats............. Then you may only have $1k-$2k left and now you have a funny looking widebody car on oem rims, oem wing, cats, stock exhaust, etc....... This car just isn't worth it for the price it's at now. That widebody kills the car. I've seen a BRS widebody done the right way and it looked absolutely stunning, this one is a far cry from stunning and any amount of work you may have to put into it won't be worth it. Then you still have a below average condition interior, high miles with unknown history. Blah blah blah blah blah........

I don't see anything wrong with buying a car on ebay as long as it checked out fine and not fraud. Ebay is just another way of advertising. I see many "good" car on ebay such ferrari, lamborghini, etc. Many dealer also advertised on ebay because they know that many people are looking at it.

I wouldn't touch it...Save your money and buy one that has full documentation. I wouldn't buy a car on ebay...most good cars are advertised on autotrader, cars.com, and this site because they have nothing to hide.

Taitec JGTC exhaust: $700-$900
Test Pipes: $100-$150
DF NSX-R wing: $700-$900
Work wheels: $1500 since the tires are mis-matched
Zeal coilovers: $1000

You are way too tight on pricing these parts. :wink:

Taitec JGTC exhaust last used one sold for $1100 shipped
DF NSX-R CF wing, you can get $1000 easy because they are almost $1400 plus shipping
Works Wheels, these are 18/19 without tires they are listed around $3500, without tires $2000 to $2500
Zeal Coilover, they are made Endless and retail for just over $2000, I would take it in a heart beat for a $1000, but its more like $1300 to $1500

I'm not telling him to part out the car, just pointing out how much was put in the car even without the widebody kit. It might mean nothing to someone, but I think if he is looking to purchase a widebody NSX to start with, he likes to mod the car, this will save him X amount of dollar to start with.

JMHO

Well, I didn't buy the car, and I'm glad I didn't. I think that I want to stick to a stock body. Easier to sell, doesn't lose value, won't have a hard time selling it. The mechanicals were great, felt strong. The widebody kit bothered me. Also, he didn't have documentations for the engine they put in. But, he did sell it the next day! I'm glad he sold it. He put a lot into marketing it!

John

Back