Any NSX nut out there build a coffee talbe out of OEM wheels?

I'm working on this side project for my new house and for one of the rooms trying to do a "automotive" theme!

Having some custom glass cut for the coffee table and I wanted to use a pair of OEM 2002+ NSX wheels. Has anyone tried this prior? I've heard of guys using hemi's as bars and even a old car chassis as a child'd bed frame so this shouldn't be too odd a request.

Looking to find a pair of oem 2002+ rims, doesn't even have to be perfect so bent, damaged beyond repair rims, where would I find some? I tried Ebay to no success. Does anyone here have damaged rims they could get me?

thanks!

garage art...

i made a garage bench out of (2) OEM/stock '91-'93 phat'fivez (15"/16") wheels & a thick natural wood plank which was beveled to fit onto the wheels, and is used for seating and/or parts storage.

I have some friends/acquaintances who have used old(er) Jaguar & BMW V12 engine blocks for table stands/bases, much like you plan to w/ (2) OEM/stock '02+ 17" rims.

If you can't source (2) OEM/stock '02+ 17" wheels, just get the inexpensive replicas that appear on ebay and/or through the mass discount wheel retailers online (use the forum search for various vendors mentioned in the past that sell the OEM/stock '02+ replicas). These replicas are visually nearly identical to the actual original rims.

Last edited:
Thanks for the ideas on replicas but I'm trying to create a them of ACTUAL used auto parts so everything is real. Prefer damaged but real car parts so everything is more authentic :) yea call me crazy!

My girl is in charge of the bathrooms and kitchen so this is my chance to be creative :tongue:

wuattt???

How are replicas not "real", my friend?!? They're made by real people, using real alloy metal w/ real gravity-cast molds in real factories by real knockoff manufacturers. You mean you want original OEM/stock parts... :D

Anywayz, reference for anyone else wanting OEM/stock '02+ replicas: www.finishlinewheels.com/ACURA/NSX/2002

I did this twenty years ago with a spare Gotti wheel mounted on a tire. Rather than find a place to cut glass with a nice smooth/beveled edge, it turned out to be much easier AND cheaper to buy just the glass top for a coffee table at a furniture store. Try a "euro-themed" store like Plummers , Dania, or Scan.

How about doing it with an NSX engine block?

I saw one with the whole engine its still pretty cool. I never saw one made with the wheels before.

I love it! :smile:

p.s. Please post a photo when you've got it all completed ~
I would love to have something like this in mi casa... Great idea!!

I use to have a coffee table made out of Aftermarket 22" wheels. I now am rolling on 22" under the bed now:biggrin: As far as the table goes the best thing I found is to stand one wheel right side up then the second wheel lay down on its side for a flat surface for the glass(silcone the two wheel together when done). Keep in mind the wheels I used have a 5 inch lip so a face with spokes may not be a flat surface depending on the design. Hope this helps you out Rick!

Last edited:
I love it! :smile:

p.s. Please post a photo when you've got it all completed ~
I would love to have something like this in mi casa... Great idea!!

Sorry I didnt create this table I just remember seeing it in a random place on prime and saved it on my computer.

I saw one with the whole engine its still pretty cool. I never saw one made with the wheels before.

That's awesome! But expensive...:frown:

The Ti connecting rods aren't that expensive and would make great legs for a coffee table with a little extension. That's what I'd go with. :biggrin:

I have a friend that is going to buy a Ford GT motor to have as a conversation piece in his garage.:eek:
I have a couple of sets of OEM NSX wheels(91-94 fat 5spoke) in my attic that I might try something like this with.
Thanks for the idea.

Last edited:
I have some 19 inch SSR's off of my NSX. They have been over 170MPH They are cracked and have some damage on them. I am in VA you can have them if you want them.

I have some 19 inch SSR's off of my NSX. They have been over 170MPH They are cracked and have some damage on them. I am in VA you can have them if you want them.

Only 170? Wuss.

Not NSX-related nor a coffee table, but I built a toy for our 2 cats (Porsche & Shelby ;^) out of a spare Porsche wheel and some leftover Shelby springs :biggrin:

Brian

Last edited:
Back