• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any news yet on the 2nd and 3rd NSX that rolled of the line?

Any more production news on the 2nd or third? I cant find any news on it although The Detroit Free Press is saying that there are no break between the first second third and so on. anybody know about this?

From my read of the Detroit paper yesterday, all they said was production was continuing yesterday afternoon.

we have no idea if they have more frames in process and/or more motors built or will be starting from a cold start (I certainly hope not) as there were no pics of the state of the assembly area yesterday.

i would have also liked to see if they put 001 on a truck to ship or if he brought his own car carrier.

Will the NSX be produced towards like a GTR or more like an LFA? Which means like is there limited production like the LFA, only 500 units will be build and no more. How about the NSX?

source?

thanks

GTR model

8 per day, 4 days a week, fudge factor 50 weeks per year gets us to 1600, the mentioned annual (800 for the U.S. and 800 for ROW) output

Official no

There have been multiple folks from Acura stating the core numbers in my cooked up calculation.

8-10 cars a day
4 days a week
800 cars a year for the US
1600 cars worldwide per year

I have also mentioned that from past experience Honda said 5000 S2000s per year in the US and dropped 7500 the first year, so we know that if they think they can make more by making more, they may do it. In the case of the NSX, they may make zilch per unit, so they may be more disciplined regarding output.

Official no

There have been multiple folks from Acura stating the core numbers in my cooked up calculation.

8-10 cars a day
4 days a week
800 cars a year for the US
1600 cars worldwide per year

I have also mentioned that from past experience Honda said 5000 S2000s per year in the US and dropped 7500 the first year, so we know that if they think they can make more by making more, they may do it. In the case of the NSX, they may make zilch per unit, so they may be more disciplined regarding output.

What do you guys think whether the NSX would really be halo cars like Audi have the R8 and Porsche have the 911, what I meant is that Audi would keep producing the R8 and Porsche would not stop producing the 911. What do you think about the NSX? Will it be the 911 of Honda and Honda will keep producing them?

918 is the halo for Porsche. The 911 is the bread winner sports car IMO, like the Corvette is to Chevy or 370Z is to Nissan.

Back