Any input on this NSX would be appreciated... JH4NA115XRT000455

I am pretty sure someone here must have owned it.

It is currently at a Honda dealership is Burnaby. I just want to know the history of it. I think 45000 is a tad steep or am I wrong.

http://www.buysell.com/root/detail/...0/1994_ACURA_NSX_62000kms_2dr_Manual_RWD.aspx

It was supposedly originally from Vancouver, was brought to Arizona for a short period and now is back 'home.'

H2O pump, timing belt supposedly done.

Any thing else you guys could tell me?

Last edited:
Re: Any input on this NSX would be appreciated...

Yes, it seems high to me as well. I think about $10K less is about right.

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it! :D

NSX's are hard to come by and I know I am an Canada, but i find it hard to believe that with the strong Canadian Dollar that this is not overpriced.

My friends are telling me that it's not over priced and that it is worth it. I have to admit that it is hard to ignore them because I do want to purchase it.

Any more input?

Hi there,

I beleive it is about right since the Canadian price for an NSX is a bit different than the US market. The Candian market is usually higher than the US market.

It has 62000 KM so that is about 39000 miles. If all the major service is done like timing belt and water pump (due to age) then maybe try to negotiate a little lower than the asking price or maybe try to get it for the asking price with all the tax and admin fees included if there is any. If you check around the Canadian market this is a pretty good deal aslong as everything checks out good. Good Luck!!! :smile:

Now here is something interesting....it has 62000 MILES not km's on it. Weird, huh?

The owner converted it to when he brought it to the States and then DIDN'T convert it back when he brought it back to Canada.

So I just talked to the dealer. It's miles and not kilometers. :mad:

Now, what do you think?

Now here is something interesting....it has 62000 MILES not km's on it. Weird, huh?

The owner converted it to when he brought it to the States and then DIDN'T convert it back when he brought it back to Canada.

So I just talked to the dealer. It's miles and not kilometers. :mad:

Now, what do you think?

HMMM.... I do not really get it....

Do you mean that the speedometer was converted or the odometer was converted or both? If the speedometer was converted to miles that should not be a problem and the odometer should still run on KM if it was originally built for Canada. For the odometer I would not know how you can change it to run in miles if it was originally KM. Maybe some prime members can shed some light about this. :confused:

To be honest, I don't get it either. It was listed as 62,000 km and I was told that it was a Canadian car.

Now he tells me that it is 62,000 miles.

I didn't know you could change that either?!?!

I mean the speedometer is no biggie to change but the odometer?

Something smells fishy.

OK......talked to the SALES MANAGER. Here is the deal....Car bought from Arizona, where the original owner bought it. Never Registered it and brought it up to vancouver, canada.

He supposedly has a home in BOTH places. He never registered it in Arizona and brought it up here.

Hence, 62000 miles is the verdict (some sales guys don't know their products)

Thanks so far everyone!

You know "the kid" should know what it's worth.

Normally Im dead on, but Canadian and Euro Spec cars are too hard. Im not familiar with market supply and demand and other determing factors over there:wink: US cars, feel free to PM ME:biggrin:

Well if it's worth it go get one in the states and import it up I might consider that except:

1.) I would probably have to take time off work to go see it

2.) I heard is can be pricey to import to Canada (have to check on here)

the car is a USA car, you can tell by the VIN. Look at US prices then add 6.1 % duty another $500 for federal and provincial inspections and the cost to go get it or shipping and you will be able to tell if its a good deal. Also check the dollar value.

You can check out

http://www.riv.ca/

The information is all there to find out what you have to do to bring a vehicle over from the US. If you get a car that is over 15 years old you do not have to do a federal inspection. You would only do a provincial inspection.

As NSX-TECH says you have to pay 6.1% duty, the GST and the PST and if you read the website their is also an airconditioning fee. If you get a 1991 or 1992 NSX then you do not have to do a federal inspection which saves you from RIV fees and headaches of running around in getting the federal inspection done.

Its alot cheaper overall in the US compared to Canada because our dallar is around par. PM me if you have anymore questions. Good luck in your search. :smile:

The pricing is okay as this is a U.S. car but I would still negotiate with the dealer for a lower price. Used cars aren't selling that well in Canada at the moment so maybe you'll be able to use the leverage for saying you might look at bringing one up from the U.S. instead.

That being said dealers typically try to get top dollar as NSX's are rare in Canada. Also you'll be paying both PST and GST on this car so definately negotiate further.

Good luck.

P.S. Just to give you a heads up I paid less than $29K for my pristine 1991 NSX w/63,000 miles...so it may be worthwhile looking for a 1991 -1994 model with lower mileage and perhaps less price.

You guys are awesome!!!

I'm gonna talk this guy down to 38,000 all in. Meaning that I'll offer 35000. :)

That car was at a sister dealership before they transfered it.

I'm probably going to pay for it in full and and can use to my advantage.

I can't imagine that there are a lot of people who would spend 46,000 plus 12% tax and 7.9% interest on a 1994 nsx with 62,000 miles. I may want an NSX but I know that I am not stupid enough and impatient enough to pay that much.

Some people might think I'm crazy to spend 38000 all in! LOL

Am I expecting a miracle in your guys opinion or should I go even lower?

Thanks again you guys

Give it a try but get a pre-purchase inspection done on the car to make sure it hasn't seen a body shop, etc.

Try and see what the dealership says and maybe because your in a cash position to purchase, know its been transferred from a sister dealership, US car, etc. might get a good deal.

Keep us posted...

Alright, Middlegate Honda has a 155 point inspection done to it at Acura on Burrard on December of 07 if i'm not mistaken.

I saw the list and everthing was 1 (satisfactory) or a 2 (normal wear).
When I get it, I'll put it up here. I would estimate that it was about 95% "1's" with only a half dozen or so "2's"

The funny thing is that i was going to get it inspected there. I guess I need to take it somewhere else now.

Would you guys recommend that I just take it to another Acura dealer/shop?

If all looks good, it'll be time to negotiate soon. We'll see. That price is too steep as is.

I'm Canadian, from Vancouver.

My thoughts:
That US NSX isn't registered in Canada yet, so there is paperwork and taxes to go through. Honestly speaking, I don't think that the car is allowed to stay in Canada for an extended period of time.

I would either:
Look for a better example in the USA via NSX Prime OR
Look for a Canadian NSX in other provinces.

If you're willing to drive, it's totally worth it to fly down to California and drive the car back up.
It's about a 16 hour drive from San Francisco to Vancouver.
Add another 7 hours from LA to Vancouver.

MANY more clean, cheaper NSXs in California than in BC.

Thanks for your input. I'm gonna spend some time checking online for some nsx's including this site of course.

I want a black/black one and targa (yes I know that mean 1995+) would be nice.

Update

Well I offered 38,000 all in and was turned down. I was told that there cost was 40200.

We'll see what happens. There are two other cars I am looking at. He called back an hour later and said he could do 38,000 + tax.

lol yes, sure their costs are 40k :rolleyes:

give it a few weeks and it will go down to 36K.

nsx are rare in canada.

i was up there visiting friends a couple of month ago and saw this lady hit a black nsx..... on granville street.

lol i flipped out and yelled at her. :biggrin:

Hi there

I am the P.O of that NSX. I was purchase in June 07 with cost 47k tax include and i have spend in that 5000 more for the radio and the CF engine cover ,back up camera too.That car is run great but till oct 07 i see the 04 ylw/ylw so i trade that in and the northshore acura give me 39k for it . But you can get 38k for it that i think it reasonable .But at Burrard Acura now they have 2001 NSX silver original Canadian car i don't know if you interest in that i can introduce you there .Hope this can help with your finding

P.M me if you need anything .

Back