Any info or advice on JH4NA1184TT000467?

I know nothing about that particular car, but it seems expensive for a '96. Skinny rear tires too (not that those should affect a purchase decision, unless they indicate some strange wheel size/offset).

I know nothing about that particular car, but it seems expensive for a '96. Skinny rear tires too (not that those should affect a purchase decision, unless they indicate some strange wheel size/offset).

Thanks for the observation...so what do you think is a good price point since you think it seems expensive?

40-45 imo

Sorry, I'm not an expert. It just seems like a lot. A year ago, I paid 57 for a 2000 with 36k miles and a bunch of mods that I valued. I considered that a generous price for the seller, but was willing to do so for a number of reasons. (It turned out that the engine died shortly thereafter and it was a horrible deal, but I don't think that could have been predicted.) The '96 has a few disadvantages (NA1, old ABS) and the car linked-to above isn't as low in mileage. I would have thought it would be more in the mid 40s; perhaps that is what the seller would accept.

Edit: ^ 95nsxtc has it right, in my view.

Thanks for the observation...so what do you think is a good price point since you think it seems expensive?

From their listing:
"but we did not get the service history on the car but looks to have been well keep"

Price will vary depending on what sort of mechanical/maintenance issues that a PPI turns up. Any history of collision would impact pricing obviously.
There is a little history on the car on NSXPrime:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/101067-1996-white-camel-5-speed-JH4NA1184TT000467

If it is as it appears - a modified white 95 in good shape, I would say that a fair price is anywhere from $40-45.

na1 t top white tan are rare birds....make sure it started life as a white,if original paint is important to you.

From their listing:
"but we did not get the service history on the car but looks to have been well keep"

Price will vary depending on what sort of mechanical/maintenance issues that a PPI turns up. Any history of collision would impact pricing obviously.
There is a little history on the car on NSXPrime:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/101067-1996-white-camel-5-speed-JH4NA1184TT000467

If it is as it appears - a modified white 95 in good shape, I would say that a fair price is anywhere from $40-45.

BLue...Thanks, right now I got a response about a technician there at that location and see if he can do a PPI.

40-45 imo

Thanks for your input. It seems that everyone that responded has gauged the price point in the same general area.

Sorry, I'm not an expert. It just seems like a lot. A year ago, I paid 57 for a 2000 with 36k miles and a bunch of mods that I valued. I considered that a generous price for the seller, but was willing to do so for a number of reasons. (It turned out that the engine died shortly thereafter and it was a horrible deal, but I don't think that could have been predicted.) The '96 has a few disadvantages (NA1, old ABS) and the car linked-to above isn't as low in mileage. I would have thought it would be more in the mid 40s; perhaps that is what the seller would accept.

jwmelvin,

You might be an expert, but you have more experience that I have on the platform so I appreciate the input.

na1 t top white tan are rare birds....make sure it started life as a white,if original paint is important to you.

Doc,
it is...if it possible to find out if it was originally white just from the VIN or should I have the person take a photo of the door jam to see the paint code?

Sticker in the door should say NH-565. If you google the VIN on prime though you will see that the car has been discussed a bit and was always white, so I doubt it is a repaint.

See if the seller has the original wing.
Once the ridiculous side skirt and obnoxious front lip is removed, this should be a very good rare find - Grand Prix White/tan? wow, not many around.
45k - 5k (for improperly molesting it) = $40k

Last edited:
I looks clean. Would I pay 50k for it. No way Jose. It has a wings west body kit. Which is basically a peel and stick body kit. It is one of the best looking kits but it is cheaply installed by using double sided tape, the one thing I could never get past enough to click the buy it now button. The wheels are also cheap. Try not to let it raise the price as Oem wheels and Oem body are worth double the amount of those wheels or mods. However, the stmpo rear strut bar is a mint and discontinued part. The car is also on eBay where most people start out, then realize they are asking far too much for a Honda from the 90's. Just my advice. I'd willingly pay 38 k for this car but anything more would be a gamble. 50k is insane crack pipe price.

See if the seller has the original wing.
Once the ridiculous side skirt and obnoxious front lip is removed, this should be a very good rare find - Grand Prix White/tan? wow, not many around.
45k - 5k (for improperly molesting it) = $40k

Nikey, I will do that when I call him up today.

I looks clean. Would I pay 50k for it. No way Jose. It has a wings west body kit. Which is basically a peel and stick body kit. It is one of the best looking kits but it is cheaply installed by using double sided tape, the one thing I could never get past enough to click the buy it now button. The wheels are also cheap. Try not to let it raise the price as Oem wheels and Oem body are worth double the amount of those wheels or mods. However, the stmpo rear strut bar is a mint and discontinued part. The car is also on eBay where most people start out, then realize they are asking far too much for a Honda from the 90's. Just my advice. I'd willingly pay 38 k for this car but anything more would be a gamble. 50k is insane crack pipe price.

Jinks,
That seems to be the consensus on the price point. 50K over priced, and 40-45K the target range. Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it.

Back