Any info on this car ? JH4NA21604T000066

2004 NSX-T
JH4NA21604T000066
CURRENT MILEAGE: 35103 Miles
Silverstone / Onyx
6 Speed
Colorado Springs/Colorado

Hello, I was looking into possibly purchasing this vehicle.

The owner says he hasn't replaced the timing belt / water pump because it is in good shape.
Do you think it should be changed regardless of mileage due to it being almost 10 years old ?

Also does anybody have any information regarding the condition of the vehicle ?

Thank you!

The owner says he hasn't replaced the timing belt / water pump because it is in good shape.

This made me laugh!

Yes, the timing belt/water pump replacement is based on both mileage AND age. You certainly can use this as a bargaining chip to get the price lower.

I asked the owner to lower his price due to maintenance, specifically TB/WP issues. He responded that he hardly ever drives the car and it's in great condition. I would think that a daily driven car has a more resilient TB and one that sits around and never gets used. Unfortunately he does not want to lower his price so I will move on.

I think the TB + WP service needs to be done asap due to the car's age.

I remember this car, I was interested in buying it in September 2010 when it was for sale in Washington or Oregon. At that time it had aftermarket 17/17 wheels but the OEM wheels were supposed to be included with no tires. The owner was very nice and cooperative, he also mentioned that the car was tuned by Shad from Driving ambition. I'm not sure how much you know about supercharged NSXs but this particular one is most likely running some sort of fuel managment system (probably AEM EMS). For example, my car has the same exact whipple style supercharger installed by a dealer when the car is new but I am still on my stock fuel map and my car should be at somewhere close to 330-350 rear wheel HP, this 2004 #T000066 was retuned to squeeze another 50HP, it was done by one of the best man for the job but I still wouldn't buy the car without a good pre purchase inspection including compression test. The car is in Colorado Springs so you can take it to Pikes peak Acura, they have a good NSX tech there, his name is Paul Z.

Autocheck report from Dec 22, 2011 is clean and last recorded milage was 33212 on Nov 08, 2010.

I hope this helps, Paul.

Last edited:
The owner doesn't seem very knowledgeable about the car. The ad on marketplace says it up to date with maintenance with all records, yet he doesn't know if the timing belt has ever been changed. He definitely hasn't changed it, but has no idea about the history.

He is misrepresenting the car by stating that all maintenance is up to date and all records available ... doesn't seem like the type of person a prospective owner would want to deal with.

The owner doesn't seem very knowledgeable about the car. The ad on marketplace says it up to date with maintenance with all records, yet he doesn't know if the timing belt has ever been changed. He definitely hasn't changed it, but has no idea about the history.

He is misrepresenting the car by stating that all maintenance is up to date and all records available ... doesn't seem like the type of person a prospective owner would want to deal with.

Contact this guy:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...JH4NA21604T000066?highlight=JH4NA21604T000066

This is the person I was talking to back in 2010, I'm sure he'll tell you if the timing belt was replaced or not.

Back