any info on JH4NA1281ST000732

vin is not on the list on this site. It is a white/tan combo automatic 95 nsx-t. There is no body damage on it, title is clean it so says, the rims have been replaced with 2 spares in the rear. Top is missing. it is on copart w/ 77.5k miles. Rental?

Last edited:
I seen this NSX in person at the Copart Matrinez site yesterday. The whole car was repainted and the paint job is horrible. I'm pretty sure it had a front end collision since the front bumper, fenders and hood do not line up. Also missing the targa top, antenna, etc.

I'll say this one more time - you guys that are looking at cars on these little dealer lots are letting yourself in for surprises and they don't want to tell you about them!!!!

There is one way I know of to avoid being surprised like this and that is by following tried and true steps to ownership: buy from an individual first - make sure it's been maintained - the longer the ownership by one or two owners the better off you are for good maintenance history. If the car has been passed around from owner to owner with no one keeping it for more than 2 or 3 years the more likely you are to find few records and sketchy maintenance history. Little dealers that buy from auctions rarely have any records and if they have found a low miler and are wanting a ton for it -as is the usual case - it will need everything cause no one fixes/maintains cars with 15k miles on em (with few exceptions keep reading)- based on age of course.

Point is that you have to check everyone - but especially little dealers - get a ppi and buy from an individual that has owned the car a long time - read thru the "pile" of records - mine had them - it's a 91 - obviously the older the car the more the records. Buy from a Prime member - someone you can check out thru their posts - how do they drive it - has it been super charged and now is not, yadayadayada. Buying from an individual prime member that has owned the car a long time is the best way you have of finding a good car. The next best thing is an individual long time owner that may not be a Primer.

This one you are checking on is obviously one reason you want to take my advice. This wouldn't happen to you if you bought from an owner. And a ppi and body shop guy if the paint looks suspect to the PPI guy is mandatory! Even individual owners can find things out about their cars after the fact that point towards body damage and sometimes that damage can be substantial as in frame damage. I ran into that once myself and almost found that out the hard way. Whew. You gotta be careful out there! You were lucky that a primer (larrynsx - thank you Larry) had looked at this one and was sharp enough to notice all the painting - dealers...:rolleyes:

Other thing is - low ball prices on NSXs almost guarantees you a headache! There ain't no freebies or super low prices on cars anyone in their right mind would want - and unless you are mister "fix it" then heed my advice and you'll be happy you did. Others here will surely support this as well.

Many happy miles of motoring await the proper decision - it's your choice fun or misery. Be careful out there and if you don't have but money for a low baller and you are not Mr. Fix it - then wait till you have more money or you will not be an owner very long cause these cars are not cheap to own and maintain! Most that you'll find unless priced at the top of the catagory will need 5k+ in maintenance. I spent that and mine was owned for the last 15 years by 2 owners and came with a pile of receipts! Word to the wise.....:wink:

Last edited:
Tim,

I think you are missing the point on this one.

This car was listed on COPART, which is basically a salvage auction.

You can pick up the cars very cheap. Sometimes this is all someone wants and they understand what they are getting into by buying there. If it runs and drives that's all that some people want...some people.

Others, like us, prefer to go a different route, but when this car was listed I was intrigued. Perhaps to use it as a track car. I don't know if the car even sold for 10k?? It could be the right buy for someone, not everyone.

Oooops - believe you're right there pal - sorry bout that -:redface:

Oh well - got off on the wrong side there - I'll try and pay a little more attention next time guys....:rolleyes: Ohhh boy. Well at least you know my hearts in the right place. I've been working pretty hard here this week - busy time and all - oh well - sometimes I just miss it......thanks for the heads up....

over and out boys - till the next time.

Tim,

I think you are missing the point on this one.

This car was listed on COPART, which is basically a salvage auction.

You can pick up the cars very cheap. Sometimes this is all someone wants and they understand what they are getting into by buying there. If it runs and drives that's all that some people want...some people.

Others, like us, prefer to go a different route, but when this car was listed I was intrigued. Perhaps to use it as a track car. I don't know if the car even sold for 10k?? It could be the right buy for someone, not everyone.

well a red 1991 with 199K miles that was rolled went for 17K and
was sold to either a guy in Texas or a guy in South America. I was
bidding on it and stopped at 8K

I was shocked a wrecked totaled NSX holds its value better than any other car.

there were 2008- 2009 BMW's not the cheap little ones we are talking
big boy BMWs with little damage going for 2500-3K
junk

Last edited:
The white with tan 95 sold for 15k automatic i was bidding on it the black on black was sold 2k miles ago at iaai then copart the black one was sketh been in auction 4 times now. I have a red t-top if anyone wants to buy it

I work at an Acura dealer, I ran the VIN. It was originally sold at McGrath Acura in Glenview, IL. 708-998-8000
Maybe they might have some service records on file if you are interested.

Back