Any advice on this '95 NSX would be helpful

Im very interested in being an NSX owner and I have found this car for sale.
I was wondering if I could get some opinions on this car. And about what price would be appropriate?
Its also located in blue springs, MO. If anyone is nearby, please let me know. Id feel more secure with someone knowledged about the car to see it with me. Im located in columbus ohio.

1995 NSX Targa
Red/black
110,000 miles
Dealer told me that it was a clean title, one owner.
Carfax confirmed this for me, One owner, originally a lease car.
Clean carfax. No accidents.
All maintenance was done at 90k including replacement of clutch and timingbelt.
Says its perfect inside and out, no dings. Engine is smooth.
Has all service records.
Reports that it was gotten from a mercedes dealership who recieved it as a tradin for a mercedes.
Explains the high miles because the owner lived in kansas and everything is spread out.

Also, do you think I can get a warranty for the car with these high miles and year?

Thanks everyone, any help would be great. It will be my first NSX.

Attachments

• nsx3.jpg
    nsx3.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 364
  • nsx4.jpg
    nsx4.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 367
  • nsx8.jpg
    nsx8.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 351
  • nsx9.jpg
    nsx9.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 349
  • nsx13.jpg
    nsx13.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 347
Here is some more pics of the car

Attachments

• nsx2.jpg
    nsx2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 696
  • nsx5.jpg
    nsx5.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 345
  • nsx7.jpg
    nsx7.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 359
  • nsx11.jpg
    nsx11.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 351
  • nsx12.jpg
    nsx12.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 339
Generic Advice:
See the used car checklist in the FAQ. Ditto the pricing guide. Keep in mind average miles for an NSX is probably on the order of 5k a year. Get a PPI done at a dealer.

From the Pics:
They are kinda fuzzy, so I can't tell a whole lot. It looks bone stock to me, with condition more or less reflective of miles. To my untrained eye, this pic looks like the front quarterpanel paint doesn't match the door (might just be the pic, but check it out). Got any pics under the hood?
attachment.php

As for the rest, I doubt you can get a warranty but I could be wrong. I would guestimate the car is worth low $30s.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you planning on doing with the car? Daily driver? weekender? Project car? Track rat? This might be an excellent candidate for one application, but not so much for another. Just a thought.

Thanks for the info.
These are all the pictures I have of the car.
I'm planning on driving it a lot but not as a daily driver. And I would like to modify some things on it, but not extensively as in a project car.
Do you think this application (almost daily driver) would be ok for the car?

I were spending low 30s on an NSX I would ask myself the following questions:

- What color/tranny combo do I want?
- What is my budget?

Assuming its red/black manual in the low 30s, I would ask myself:
- Would I rather have (91-94) coupe with half the miles for the same price?
- Would I rather spend an extra 5k and get a lower mile targa?

I would also try and buy a car that already had some of the mods you want to make on it (cheaper that way).

No matter what you decide, I would be very diligent with my prepurchase inspections. Low $30s will get you a nice clean NSX. Check the NSXprime marketplace for a pricing comparison & shop around until you find just what you are looking for.

If you are looking for cheaper red targa, and are willing to deal with higher miles than I would say this car is worth looking at.

Thanks White94,

I am looking for a 95 and up targa in red. Im going to read up on the car check list so i know what to look for when i see the car. By the way, what do you mean by "get a ppi done at the dealer?"

Also for reference. Bought my black and tan 95-T for 38,500 w/61k miles in the spring of this year. Located in DC area. Not sure about the warranty, but when I bought mine the cut off was 60k miles, and mine was just over. It was fairly expensive though 2.5 to 3k. Didn't really look into it much as far as what it covered since I couldn't get it anyway. My thinking was that it wouldn't cover things that would break anyway so I wasn't missing much. Probably need to get things like new rotors/pads and a new clutch eventually. TTwo oxygen sensors flaked out but they were covered under the emissions warranty which is pretty long, otherwise that would have been about $700 or so.

GTMike said:
Thanks White94,

I am looking for a 95 and up targa in red. Im going to read up on the car check list so i know what to look for when i see the car. By the way, what do you mean by "get a ppi done at the dealer?"

Get a Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI) done at an Acura dealer. You pick the dealer and pay for the inspection (for $150 or so) and ask the seller to deliver the car. You could also ask a NSXPrime member to look at it if they were in the area.

Good luck!

White94 said:
Generic Advice:
See the used car checklist in the FAQ. Ditto the pricing guide. Keep in mind average miles for an NSX is probably on the order of 5k a year. Get a PPI done at a dealer.

ot so much for another. Just a thought.

What is a PPI? I asked a acura dealership and they didnt know.

GTMike said:
nevermind, i know now. hehe

Don't just go to any dealer. There are recommended ones that people in here go to and swear by. Go to those. You don't know what kind of yahoo will be doing the inspection if the dealer doesn't have NSXtechs but instead guys who aren't familiar with NSXs.

I purchased a '92 last year for 17,300$ with 100k had all major maint. done at 90k. Of course not a targa. I were to pay in the 30k's I would seek a lower milage car. I was not afraid of my 100k car though. It had 6k$ in upgrades. I have spent about 2000 this year on maintenance and upgrades. It is a daily driver. Put on 11k so far. Love every minute. Can't wait to go to work and drive home in the car a year later. My friend has a red 91 with 300k and no problems except normal wear like 3 clutches.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to apologize to GTMike about the vehicle. I posted a few days earlier about asking for a car fax about the vehicle and if anyone around the area can look at the vehicle for me. Unfortunately I did not get a quick enough response, therefore the dealer offered to take it to Jay Wolfe Acura whom happens to be the dealership maintaining the services for the past 98K. Apparently, the PPI showed that the vehicle was in tip top shape mechanically, however there are a few quirks about the car. ex. slow driver side window, antenna not working, brakes are low... spoiler LED not working. These things were not mentioned on Ebay. I also suppose these issues are expected from a 110K car therefore I made a pre-arranged deal with the dealer. I did speak to the tech who inspected the car several times through a 3 day period and each time he confirmed that the car was in exceptional shape given the miles and possibly the nicest he has seen given the previous owner (some Dr.) loved his car. He even said he would purchase the car given the price was reasonable. Hopefully I will be taking delivery next week on the vehicle so that I may personally inspect the car.

I wanted to thank all prime members and to again apologize to GTmike about the vehicle. I think that I did not steal the vehicle away from you, and I hope that you don't feel as if I did. I am very sure you will find another vehicle in better condition for the same price in the near future.

Cheers!

John

Trust JDM,
no problem. Dont worry about it. Im really gad you got it and it was in good shape. Theres always other NSX out there. Im new, so I'll look around some more to get a really good grasp about the deals.

Let me know how the car is so i know what to look for when i get one.

Back