Any Acura Mechanics Willing To help??

HI..everybody, I'm been shopping for an NSX for the past 4 months and finaly found one worth buying, a 92 with 42000 miles but i've been reading on the board lately about timming belts and what not. I was wondering if a Certified acura mechanic is willing to go down to San Diego Ca, where the car is located and check it out with me?? Things like the belts..(i know the timming belt would be difficult to get to) and just mechanical features of the motor and tranny....I just want to be part of the NSX prime family with a good car. I willing to buy dinner/beer things on that line for your time in this matter....I know its not much but I'm just asking for a favor. Also if this doesn't fall through, how much would it cost me at a Acura dealership for a compression check, Leak down, and a basic run around of the car?? BTW, I'm selling my turbo Type R for this NSX....if this was another integra, I would know it like the back of my hand.

Thanks, Mark

Am I missing something? Why not just tell the seller the car needs to inspected at an Acura dealership to verify the condition of the car. It will probably cost you $100 - Likely the best $100 you will spend. ;)

as the previous poster mentioned, the proper way to do this is take it to a dealer. you can tell a whole lot more when you can put the car on a lift and hook it up to a diagnostic computer and do a leakdown and compression test.

as far as checking the timing belt, really you can't do a visual on that. you might be able to tell if it's been changed based on if the car has the updated timing belt cover, but hopefully the owner would have those records. if its a 92 and hasn't been done, the belt is 12-13 years old and should be done. my 91 just had the original belt changed with 100,000 miles on it and it looked fine from what the mechanic told me, however i imagine if you looked at it under a microscope you might find some fatigues issues you'd never see with your bare eyes.... or maybe not!

So 100 bucks for a inspection?? Thats not bad, I'm willing to fork that over..just seeing if any acura techs on our these boards tht would be willing to do a favor for me, well thanks..i'll call applied motorsports.

Most places charge 1-2 hours at their standard hourly rate. Hourly rates these days tend to be in the $80-100 range.

Back