Anti-theft will not set

The anti-theft system on my '96 recently stopped functioning. The small red indicator next to the door tab does not blink and the alarm does not set off when I reach through the window and hit the unlock switch. Furthermore, the EXT panic button on the remote does not cause the alarm to set off.

I will check the two wire gray connector between the washer fill cap and auxiliary hood release lever to make sure the system doesn't think the front hood is open. Are there any other simple checks that I can perform before I break out the service manual, electrical troubleshooting guide and Fluke?

Thanks.

Jack

Keep in mind that the control unit needs to see inputs from both doors the hood the trunk and engine compartment also there is a ground under the stereo unit that sometimes gets forgoten it also needs to know that the key has been removed from the ignition switch i have seen an ignition switch malfunction does the key in beeper sound with the key out of the switch(ign)just a couple of ideas hope they help..good luck

Back