Another SCAM on Cars.com

Here's another SCAM and the e-mail to go with it!

http://www.cars.com/go/search/fs_se...-descending|Z-32826&aff=national&aff=national

Good day,
I know that you are interested in a car
located in the US,but I must first tell you that the
car is currently located in Italy.I had to list this vehicle in the US,because
I want to sell it there,beeing an US model....Two months ago I had to move to Italy with my job ,and I took the car with me.Here in Europe I had an unpleasant surprise because the car is an US model,and It will never pass the European emissions standards,so I will not be able to register it here.
I have tried to sell it locally but it was not succesfully.That is why I
am trying to sell the car in USA, there will be no further problems because the car passes US emissions standards as long as it has been purchased in US space.If you are interested in buying it,I will need your zip code so I can estimate shipping and if you are a serious person I will let you know further instructions to finalize the transaction succesfully.I am asking also seriousity from your side because I have a lot of persons interested on the car and I have to know each way to go.
Thank you for your time.
Mike.
Ps:The price and mileage are correct.

I clicked on your link and TWO cars sound like scams - the 2003 NSX-T with 4100 miles for $4K, and the 1995 NSX-T with 40K miles for $18K.

I'm really tired of seeing this crap.

nsxtasy said:
You're missing the point. Never try arguing point-by-point with a pathological liar. :D
Point taken. Kind of like never name your dog "Taxi" if you live in NY. :biggrin:

I blew off the sales pitch as a scam after the second sentence. But it did make we wonder if Europe has those kinds of standards. And if so, how do they compare to the US.

I saw that same post a couple of weeks back in autotrader.com. I responed to the guy a couple of times. He claimed that he shipped it via air cargo thru Luthisaina and it cost him about 2,800 from Texas to Italy. I knew that was way to cheap because about 9 years ago I had a friend move from here in California to Hawaii and had his Integra containered and it cost him about 7,000. So I called the carrier up and it turns out it will cost me to ship it from Itally to Los Angeles or vesa versa about 14,385 based on the wieght that the got from Acura!!

Interesting note that email response you recieved was the exact same one word for word. My second response from him was that he spent a ton of money on getting it european certified to drive there. Also, the way he makes it sound like you pay no money at all unit you see the car except for some fee which I cannot remeber what it was whiched needed to be wired to him in Italy before the car is shipped.... :rolleyes: What ever I was always told if it is too good to be true it must be!!

Back