Another review hoping people with try and then buy the Gen 2

They are already calling it a “rapidly-aging sports car.” Not so flattering when it was intended to compete in the Supercar segment.

Buh bye NSX.

Definitely under appreciated. Good article yet I don’t get the complaints of lack of buttons for the radio. I use the roller button on the wheel for volume and changing stations or skipping songs. Works great and my hands never leave the wheel. Other settings are basically set and forget. Just hold on and drive it.

Beautiful car and can’t wait to get home and go for a long drive.

Definitely under appreciated. Good article yet I don’t get the complaints of lack of buttons for the radio. I use the roller button on the wheel for volume and changing stations or skipping songs. Works great and my hands never leave the wheel. Other settings are basically set and forget. Just hold on and drive it.

Beautiful car and can’t wait to get home and go for a long drive.

It’s a good car and truth be told, I’d pick up another if not for the C8. And when I see what the C8 offers less than half than NSX it’s just hard to fathom how ridiculous the pricing is.

MC

It’s a good car and truth be told, I’d pick up another if not for the C8. And when I see what the C8 offers less than half than NSX it’s just hard to fathom how ridiculous the pricing is.

MC
I hope the C8 fits the bill for those that like it, but from the pics I’m not a fan. Interior is weird and the side scoops look half baked. The rear is a complete mess - typical of recent corvettes. I want more than cheap & fast. If I wanted that I would have bought a used ZR1 or whatever it is. And it seems Chevy is still doing more hiding and teasing of the car than getting it out there. I’ll admit I’m not following it closely as it doesn’t interest me.

Back to the NSX... Honda needs to offer a factory tune. They should have tons of data by now to support boosting it.

They are already calling it a “rapidly-aging sports car.”

I think we all knew, based on the very aggressive design, that this new gen wouldn't age as well as the first-gen (which is still a stunner decades later). It also suffers from the super-long development timeline regarding things like an infotainment system that isn't even up-to-date with newer Honda products, let alone the competition.

That being said, it's still a solid contender and very impressive car overall!

And everything with any tech is rapidly aging. Phones, streaming services, cars... everything. Buy it for what it is and enjoy it. There will always be a shiny new thing.

I don’t intend to sound argumentative, But they make millions of phones. They NC1 hasn’t even broken 2500 units since inception. You can’t compare the two.

The marketing was poor, and the targeted group of buyers balked. The cash incentives worked in the beginning, but now they have a big image problem.

Honda management will realize that nobody is buying the NSX and the Acura/Honda buyer couldn't care less, production will cease, some executives will be fired as a sacrifice to save face, and almost no one will even notice.

I don’t intend to sound argumentative, But they make millions of phones. They NC1 hasn’t even broken 2500 units since inception. You can’t compare the two.

The marketing was poor, and the targeted group of buyers balked. The cash incentives worked in the beginning, but now they have a big image problem.

It’s number Independent with the tech baked in. As N Spec said how is it aging? It got me thinking about what is aging. The in-dash control system was old from day one. But with Car Play it stays as current as my phone. I still love the lines of the car. Looks great to me but styling is subjective.

The latest Ferrari has the same hybrid combo as the NSX, just bigger, so the approach is current for today.

No debating they screwed up the rollout and can’t sell them. Still, it’s under appreciated.

Last edited:
Electric motors in cars emit EMF. There are studies indicating potential concerns. What do we need to do? Put a steel firewall between motors and occupants?

Google "Electric cars EMF"

Electric motors in cars emit EMF. There are studies indicating potential concerns. What do we need to do? Put a steel firewall between motors and occupants?

Google "Electric cars EMF"

That’s seriously old data. You’re quoting a conspiracy theory from 13 years ago. Here’s the conclusory paragraph from Consumer Reports (biased.....towards consumers and safety) back in 2010:

[FONT=&quot]We can’t say whether the EMF levels we measured have any significance to people’s health or not. Even the highest reading we got, 30 mG in the Cobalt, doesn’t seem that high in the grand scheme of things. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Some may raise a specter of doubt, though, since part of the electric and magnetic fields in hybrid cars come from an alternating-current motor rather than the presumably less threatening direct-current used in conventional cars. To get a sense of scale, though, note that users of personal computers are subject to EMF exposure in the range of 2 to 20 mG, electric blankets 5 to 30 mG, and a hair dryer 10 to 70 mG, according to an Australian government compilation. In this country, several states limit EMF emissions from power lines to 200 mG. However, there are no U.S. standards specifically governing EMF in cars.[/FONT]

Back