Another one of those Dirt Cheap NA1's

A friend just asked me about this car on craigslist. I think it's B.S. Don't really want to follow up on it. Just putting it out there.

93 Acura NSX

About This NSX
Mileage: 59,827

Engine: 6 Cylinders
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: 2WD
Doors: 2
Features: A/C: Front, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Steering, Remote Keyless Entry, Bucket Seats, Leather Interior, Power Seats, Airbag: Driver, Airbag: Passenger, Alarm, Anti-Lock Brakes, CD Player, Power Windows, Rear Window Defroster, Tinted Glass, Alloy Wheels, Sunroof/Moonroof
Here's a Supercar barely driven. It has only 59k miles and it's an Acura NSX! The paint is original and looks showroom. It's better paint than my 2003 BMW 7 Series has. Mechanically, it's near perfect. Ask me for details. This is really a near flawless car with extremely low miles. The pictures are great but it's better in real life.

3n63m43l95Z45Q55S1a4a981fb1fe092019c7.jpg

3mf3pf3la5V25Z15W3a4a6a7f65290822192b.jpg

3nb3kf3o45Y25U15X4a4a90f46f1a480e1979.jpg

3mc3of3p95U15X25R1a4a8e9984e0c7051b04.jpg

I don't have to dig into this add either. I know those pictures of the NSX that is "For Sale" is directly off a thread here on prime. The Thread if my brain serves me correctly, it is about the guy just buying the car and then later talking about the rims on it.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I do have to say that I can only imagine some 16yr old sitting at the computer one night and finding this listing and getting all hot and bothered because he could walk off with the keys to this car for about the same price as his moms used civic!:eek::biggrin:Man ignorance is bliss sometimes. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Of course as long as no one actually bites on the "awesome" deal. <o:p></o:p>

That car sold a couple months ago to Cap'n Carl. I took a look at it for another prime member.

Features: A/C: Front, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Steering, Remote Keyless Entry, Bucket Seats, Leather Interior, Power Seats, Airbag: Driver, Airbag: Passenger, Alarm, Anti-Lock Brakes, CD Player, Power Windows, Rear Window Defroster, Tinted Glass, Alloy Wheels, Sunroof/Moonroof

Unless it has an auto-transmission, it did not come with power steering until '95.

Yeah, that's the car I bought a month ago, so the ad's a fake. Is there some way to punish the offender? What are they after, anyway?

This is the very reason I would just stay clear of Craig's list. Usually a good or "real" car is advertised in several places anyway. It's very rare to find someone relying completely on Craig's list. They have the most lax monitoring of any one - it's pitiful really. Nothing apparently can ever be done with those idiots running either. Sad really. Somethings I guess are ligit but man I'd be careful about the cars. It just happens over and over. Seen it a bunch of times already in my short time with Prime - right at a year now. My first year celebration as a Prime member - but only an owner for about 8 months. Still having a blast with my car - drove it to work today! :smile:

I still don't get it--what is the fake owner trying to get? They don't have the car, so they can't sell it. What are they after?

Here is a reply I received when I email for some more info. Basically a scam!

Mon, April 12, 2010 1:40:13 PM
RE: nsx
Anna Marti <[email protected]>

To:
Hi,

Thanks for being interested in buying my 1993 Acura NSX with 59,827 miles. It is in a good condition, no scratches, no damages, no problems at the engine, runs very well. The lowest price I can offer is $5,900 . The price includes insurance and shipping to your address. I will ship it via a reputable shipping company and it will take about 3-4 days depending on your location.Let me know if you are interested.
Thanks,
Anna.

Back