Another NSX related stuff on TopGear

BD

Legendary Member
Making fun of Japanese cars from NSX and down.

By Clarkson. Pertty funny, the way he described the NSX...lol
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WeBwpyGa0Zk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WeBwpyGa0Zk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

did he say its as easy to drive as a food blender:tongue:

europe has alot of cars they shouldnt be too proud of and you cant deny hondas credit in the automotive world but thats what happens when you are super bias,

in the gallery after the video finishes theres the classic clip of when he drives laguna seca on a nsx on the playstation and goes to laguna to drive an identicle nsx and cant pull the same times, but he adores the nsx in that clip:cool:

+1 for my name being in the credits of the show

Funny video. There is a point there.Copying is the highest form of flattery, correct?

The video takes a major dive in credibility the second it flashes the "Peugeot" logo toward the end. If you have had any history with this manufacture like I have you would just stop the video right then.

Still funny.

Erm.....Negative Ghostrider. When I sit in my NSX, push the start button, and pull out the garage, let her warm up and take her beyond 3000rpm down that long curving road leading up to my house, I always think the same thing: "Thank You Senna, Thank You Honda.....Thank You".

When I'm in my NSX, I feel as though I'm at one with it, and have to will myself to get out of the car.

Clarkson tends to contradict himself at times. In one video clip, he exclaims what a gorgeous car he NSX is. In this one, he mentions..what? Some rubber pieces that are not smooth on the paint? He clearly enjoys driving the car, but then calls it a copy.

I admit, most of the cars he shows are uninspiring and lame in looks. However, where was the Supra? Where is the Skyline? The Silvia? The RX7? I bet I can find a dozen cookie cutter European cars that are equally as uninspiring and boring to look at. I can go out right now and find many American cars with similar attributes.

When I see anything from a Honda Fit, to the Ridgeline, or an Acura TSX, or Lexus IS350, Or Nissan 350 Zed, I see something I rarely see with other cars...........Originality. When I see a PT Cruiser or Ford Mustang, I most certainly do not get the same feeling.

lo thats funny, he criticizes the giant antenna and the door lock key hole.

those are eliminated for me due to the fact that my antenna is disconnected, and my car is black so it blends in with the key hole

I don't think at all the Mass Production statement was at all for the NSX. The Interior is spectacular and feels quite custom. But again, we do know it was a copy of a Ferrari design, doesn't bother me at all.

Funny video. There is a point there.Copying is the highest form of flattery, correct?

The video takes a major dive in credibility the second it flashes the "Peugeot" logo toward the end. If you have had any history with this manufacture like I have you would just stop the video right then.

Still funny.

Ummm, we'll I own a Peugeot, and it's been a great, trouble-free car. I've known that in the U.S. Peugeot we're not reliable at all, but my 406 has been god-darn great. Next week i should trade in for a 2 year old flagship 607. Oh yeah, Fuel Economy on these cars is insanely good.

hmmm, then again this was quite after they retired from American Sales.

How biased can clarkson possibly be? The video is old as hell but if u look at recent episodes of top gear....he is still the same way towwards anything that isnt european...namely british!
Notice he chose the worst looking cars from japan to make fun of but there werent any hondas! Except for the NSX which he seems to praise but calls it a ferrari copy. Why couldnt he show a supra instead of a yaris?? A skyline instead of micra?
Tisk tisk.....JC at it again! I must admit he's very entertaining tho!

Back