Another new member say hi

omg i love teh NXS it so fast, i want to own 1 sum day! but u think it can beet my frend's civic w/turbos???

:tongue:

I kid, I kid ;) I've been lurking this forum for quit a while, but just recently decided to add an account (mainly so I don't have to solve obscure math problems just to search for something anymore, haha)... so I figured I would say hello and introduce myself.

I'm casually in the market for an early model (NA1) NSX. I say casually because I am still trying to learn as much as I can, feel out the market, and make extra sure I'm getting the right one. There are so many decisions! Targa or coupe, dark color or light color, pre-modded or stock... ok, that's really only three decisions... but the targa/coupe choice especially seems like a big one to me.

Anyway, I just wanted to say a collective "Thanks" to this community for being such a wealth of information! I've loved the NSX for years and am looking forward to being an owner some day. I have to admit the amount of info available can be staggering at times, but it's great to have a community to find all the answers in one place!

Welcome aboard. :smile: The Civic with Turbos may be fast, but how does it handle in the twisties??? That is where the NSX shines.

Lots of choices out there right now. Just be sure to find a car with complete documentation of the maintenence history and you can't go wrong.

Good luck with your search

Haha thanks guys :cool:

Out of curiosity, how sensitive is the aluminum frame in the 'X? I've found two cars for sale recently that both looked really nice, except Carfax reported minor collisions and repairs on both.

Should I try and track down more detailed info on each crash from previous owners? Is the frame ok with minor fender-benders? Or should I just avoid those cars altogether and find something with no history?

When I was looking for my car I found a one owner car that had been in a "minor" fender bender...the owner fessed up and faxed me a receipt for $8K in repairs. So it all depends on the definition of "Minor"

Personally I avoid anything that has been in an accident.

When I was looking for my car I found a one owner car that had been in a "minor" fender bender...the owner fessed up and faxed me a receipt for $8K in repairs. So it all depends on the definition of "Minor"

Personally I avoid anything that has been in an accident.

Thanks for the info, D. Maybe I will try getting receipts for the supposed damage.

I agree about avoiding a heavily damaged car... not worth the headache!

Back