Another Great Tuning Effort by Autowave!

Mike at Autowave recently spent many hours tuning my track car and the results were unbelievable at the track. The 97 NSX, with DBW and an AEM EMS, is running a low compression 94, 3.0 liter. To add to the equation Mike had to tune this combination with a one off SC system and intercooler setup that he had never tuned before. After building each map from the ground up I would have expected a tip in issue, or a bobble of some sort, some where on the track, and the car has neither! Basically the tuning done on the dyno is spot on with quality driveability in the most demanding scenarios. Great job Mike and Thanks for all your quality work.

Attachments

• Autowave HP & TQ 5-7-07.jpg
    Autowave HP & TQ 5-7-07.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 375
  • Super Charger.jpg
    Super Charger.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 302
Nice to hear everything went well with the car now get out there and keep beating that thing up on the track. Still waiting on Grams car to come back from the body shop. From the #s your car made on 9psi I am excited to see what Grams will make on about 16psi. Hopefully close to 500whp mark but probably more in the 480ish range.

Hi Chris,

This is Andy from UCSB. We haven't spoken for awhile. By the way, your new Nsx is looking great! I like the new setup ;)

I heard so many great things about your Supercharger setup as well as Graeme's Nsx from Jason (NsxSupra).

I still occasionally go back to Santa Barbara to visit, perhaps when you come down to Los Angeles area or when I am up there, we can arrange a meet.

I just started getting back into the whole Nsx community for aonly about a month or two. I need be more persistent in getting my Nsx completed.

Let me know if your car is ever going back to Autowave again.

-Andy

Hey Andy, Good to hear from you again. I'll stay in touch if I end up down at Autowave again and look me up if you visit SB. I've got the car at the house so it would be easy for you to come by and check out the lastest work. I am looking forward to seeing Graeme's car too...hopefully soon!

Take it easy,

Chris

Mike knows his sh*t, that's for sure....

Except on a track... :tongue:

Absolutely. It would be foolish for anyone to think they are unbeatable on the track. Under Shane and Ron's guidance, Autowave has steadily earned its reputation as the place to go in SoCal . Winning the Ultimate Street Car Challenge on their first full entry is testimony to their ability. Sound fundamentals and attention to detail with level headed tuning. Mike is a top notch tuner with common sense, and he is willing to learn and improve, just not at the customer's expense. Mike is the only tuner I will ever use.

Best Regards,

Danny

Absolutely. It would be foolish for anyone to think they are unbeatable on the track. Under Shane and Ron's guidance, Autowave has steadily earned its reputation as the place to go in SoCal . Winning the Ultimate Street Car Challenge on their first full entry is testimony to their ability. Sound fundamentals and attention to detail with level headed tuning. Mike is a top notch tuner with common sense, and he is willing to learn and improve, just not at the customer's expense. Mike is the only tuner I will ever use.

Best Regards,

Danny
My poke was not meant to discredit or doubt anyone's abilities. It was meant to stir up some competitiveness and get some more NSXs out there kicking AWD car's butts!

I was at this year's Ultimate Street Car Challenge, and it takes more than just a fast car to win, it takes a "complete" car (user-friendlyness, pass the MPG, emissions, girlfriend test, etc...) to win. -Great accomplishment.

It would be nice to see more track-dedicated cars out there beating up on the 'econobox' EVO/STI crowd out there. Stock NSXs have their work cut out for them compared to the stock EVO/STIs. It would be nice to see some built cars beat up on buit EVOs and STIs.

Conclusion:

It would be nice to see an AutoWave NSX out at the Time Attacks putting their true tuning/setup abilities to the test against the best in the business...

agreed, I am so sick and tired about hearing about the wonders of AWD. I drive an 04 RSX Type-S (lightly modded, ITR tranny, Mugen Sport Suspension, Bridgestone RE-01R) and my father owns a 2001 ITR and we repeatedly go to track day events and autocross events and repeatedly hand these "wundercars" there butts both on the street and the track. Sure our cars are lighter but like the NSX most hondas have the advantage of balance, they have solid power to weight ratios, great factory suspensions to work with, and are daed reliable. Several of my friends own Audi S4s (B5 2.7T) and Evos and Stis and they are all pigs. The evos keep up in the turns only due to the fact that they are making close to 370 awhp with bolt-ons and tuning.

I would love to see cars with more of a pedigree (NSX, S2000, Elise, etc...) kick some butt out there!

My poke was not meant to discredit or doubt anyone's abilities. It was meant to stir up some competitiveness and get some more NSXs out there kicking AWD car's butts!

I was at this year's Ultimate Street Car Challenge, and it takes more than just a fast car to win, it takes a "complete" car (user-friendlyness, pass the MPG, emissions, girlfriend test, etc...) to win. -Great accomplishment.

It would be nice to see more track-dedicated cars out there beating up on the 'econobox' EVO/STI crowd out there. Stock NSXs have their work cut out for them compared to the stock EVO/STIs. It would be nice to see some built cars beat up on buit EVOs and STIs.

Conclusion:

It would be nice to see an AutoWave NSX out at the Time Attacks putting their true tuning/setup abilities to the test against the best in the business...

Agree wholeheartedly. In time, more and more built NSXs will enter the Time Attack events, including Autowave NSXs. For now, dedicated track guys like you and tuners such as Factor X will need to lead the way. Did FX enter USCC this year? Actually, any NSX winning this year's USCC would really turn the import car scene on it's ear. BTW, we did beat Crawford's best lap by over 2 seconds on the very first lap my car had ever been on any track in 7 years. 3+ seconds by the second lap. Cool down on lap 3. Congrats on all your recent successes. The sky is the limit for you...F1?

Best Regards,

Danny

Back