Another bunch of car speed records beaten...

...by the Ultima GTR! After having set the new record in August here they are again... :eek:

http://www.pistonheads.com/ultima/default.asp?i=9208

0-60mph
2.7secs

0-100mph
5.5secs

0-150mph
11.8secs

30-70mph
2.0secs

0-100mph-0
10.3secs

100mph-0 Braking
3.9secs

All this on the street version of the car with road legal tires!

PS: we reach 60mph in the same time this reaches 100mph... and for the same price! :D :cool:

i wonder how fast the ultima would have gone if more money was invested in making the thing. Anyhow i am speechless at how that streetlegal Ultima can go as fast as F1 cars.

So my question is: Does the Ultima the quickest 1/4 mile time ever for a limtied production car street legal in the US?

Could you consider it a limited production car? How many have to be built to be considered?

Is it actually street legal in the US?

Over the years, I don't remember seeing any US legal production car (no one-off show cars) beating the Ferrari Enzo in the 1/4 mile.... I think it did around 11.1 sec.

hlweyl said:
So my question is: Does the Ultima the quickest 1/4 mile time ever for a limtied production car street legal in the US?

Could you consider it a limited production car? How many have to be built to be considered?

Is it actually street legal in the US?

Over the years, I don't remember seeing any US legal production car (no one-off show cars) beating the Ferrari Enzo in the 1/4 mile.... I think it did around 11.1 sec.

You can not bring in a completed Ultima into the U.S. unless you classify it as a race car.

You can bring the car in as a kit, put it together and then you are able to get it titled for the street.

This car is a street legal car in England and can be purchased as a complete car.

It is hard to compare two cars one which meets all U.S. regulations, such as air bags, 2.5 mph bumpers, etc... to a car such as the Ultima that doesn't have to meet any such restrictions.

Carguy! said:
I just wish it wasn't so Butt ugly!
I think the profile of the Can-Am and discontinued Spyder looks a bit less awkward...

Attachments

• can-am.jpg
    can-am.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 137
  • ultima44.jpg
    ultima44.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 120
Back