ANGELS win the World Series!!!

Game 7 World Series Drama Unfolds!!
I don't care if I'm alone in here!

We're the 2002 World Champions!

WOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!

-Joel (Anaheim native)

Was able to go to game 2 on sunday October 20th. Enjoyed it alot, except for those crazy noise sticks(!).

Even though I grew up in Sacramento and started life as a SF Giants fan, I really had no real preference as to who might win and become '02 series champs.

That said, it is always fun to see game 7 won by the team at home.

So, congratulations to you and your Angels!~

Congratulations to all Angels fans.

And to the Giants fans, I can only say...
jump.gif

jump.gif

jump.gif

jump.gif

jump.gif

jump.gif

jump.gif

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 28 October 2002).]

I've never seen a team in their first world series play with such poise and composure. They never gave up and it paid off for them (against a team that I thought was hotter at the beginning of the series). Congratulations Angels!!

------------------
'91 Black/Black

Originally posted by Joel:

WOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!

-Joel (Anaheim native)

thanks to the angels, im $50 richer. thats gonnna be a month of gas for the NSX!!!

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Congratulations to all Angels fans.

And to the Giants fans, I can only say...
jump.gif

jump.gif

jump.gif

jump.gif

jump.gif

jump.gif

jump.gif

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 28 October 2002).]

Hmmm, I take it you're not a big Giants fan.
Did Bonds do something to the Cubs that I'm not aware of?

WOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!

-Joel (Anaheim native)

Joel -

You're not alone buddy. I was raised a California Angels fan (still prefer that moniker better than Anaheim Angels) that has been going to games for nearly 25 years. This has been a long time coming and what a way to get it.

I was lucky enough to go to Game 4 of the Twinkies series and Games 1, 2 and 6 of the World Series. Game 6 was the absolute best baseball experience I've had in my 30 years. Absolutely stunning.

This team is really something special. They play their hearts out and they don't ever give up. They epitomize the way that baseball should be played.

I don't dislike the Giants (although I despise Bonds because I think he's a shining example of all that is wrong with the game) but man, did they give me stress. What a phenominal series. Its really too bad that so much of the country couldn't bother to tune in an watch it. Game 6 in particular will be a classic.

LET's GO ANGELS!!!!!!!!!

BTW - there's no reason to believe that we won't be a force to reckon with for years to come and as an Angel's fan I can't tell you how weird that feels to say and believe that.

------------------

Hmmm, I take it you're not a big Giants fan.
Did Bonds do something to the Cubs that I'm not aware of?

I'm not a Cubs fan. Not usually, anyway.

I'm a fan of any team that's playing against the Giants. And I'm VERY happy.

all i can say is daayyaamm!!
we had it..i
s was a good series up until the sixth game.. Okay you tell me what the heck was Dusty thinking??
no outs, runners on second and third and first base open and Dusty's dumb @$$ goes after Glaus...I didnt know what series Dusty was watching but Glaus was hammering us all series!!!
after we lost that game I didnt even watch the 7th..
I hope Dusty goes to the CUBS!!

anyway it was good to see the Angels win..they played hard and they should have won game 4 anyway!!

Originally posted by Da Hapa:
...What a phenominal series. Its really too bad that so much of the country couldn't bother to tune in an watch it...

Maybe if they scheduled the WEEKEND games as DAY games more people would have watched. Here in Michigan the games ended after midnight. How are little children and school kids (who are the new generation of baseball fans) supposed to watch a Sunday game that ends after 12:00?
confused.gif
I watched the games (I love baseball) but I know many long time fans who said "who won" the following morning. BAD, BAD, BAD marketing!

------------------
'91 Black/Black

Originally posted by Michigan NSX:
Here in Michigan the games ended after midnight.

I don't understand how that happened. I saw that the games were scheduled to start at 7:30 Eastern Time, 6:30 Central Time, 4:30 Pacific Time. I didn't watch most of the games; I usually tuned in around 10:00 Central Time expecting to see who won, and they were usually in the fifth or sixth inning. WTF??? Did they spend the first two hours
eek.gif
of the broadcast just doing ceremonies and stupid pregame stuff?

The COVERAGE started at the times you quoted, not the games. And lately World Series games seem to take longer (all the players need to get their "TV Time").

Even if they end at 11:00pm (Eastern Time) it is still too late. What is wrong with playing DAY games on the WEEKEND?
confused.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

What is wrong with playing DAY games on the WEEKEND?

They would conflict with high school and college football (Saturday) and pro football (Sunday) games.

Remember, it's all about TV ratings.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
...Remember, it's all about TV ratings.

I know that - more's the pity. I can remember, in 1972, getting out of grade school early to watch the Tigers in their playoff game in Oakland. Can you imagine that - Day baseball in THE MIDDLE OF THE WEEK!

------------------
'91 Black/Black

I remember when day baseball was the only kind of major league baseball on this side of town. Of course, that's relatively new, compared with some of my baseball memories. I saw Sandy Koufax pitch. Heck, I saw major league baseball in the Polo Grounds, where the fence was only ~250 feet down either foul line. The Polo Grounds was so many many many years ago, that that's where the Giants won their last World Series.
biggrin.gif

polo98.jpg

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 29 October 2002).]

Cool - I love the character of the old ballparks. I have never been to Fenway or Wrigley but have seen games in Tiger Stadium, Baltimore's Stadium in the Late 70's, Cincinnatti's Stadium (Three Rivers?), Busch Stadium in St. Louis, Cleveland's old Municipal Stadium, and even the Astrodome. Oh my god - I just realized that of the above stadiums, only the Reds still play there! Sheesh, I'm getting old!
biggrin.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

I've been a Giants fan since '58. My childhood heros were Mays, Marichal and McCovey. I have to say this was the worst managing I've ever seen. You have a guy who has a losing record (12-16) on a winning team. Hmmmm. Wouldn't that tell you something . . .like, maybe, HE'S A TERRIBLE PITCHER!! Yet. hmmm, let's start him in the most important game of the last 12 seasons. Yes, that's a good decision. The best bullpen in the majors, but, no, let's start the worst pitcher around. This is managing? My grandmother (RIP in Ireland) could do better. She would have thought, well, let's put our best pitcher out there. Hmmm, now there's a novel idea.
I HOPE Dusty goes to Seattle and I have offered to pay Livan's flight back to Havana. I wish they'd taken me up on that LAST YEAR!
Is this Castro's revenge on SF?

(I had to vent)

Cincinnatti's Stadium (Three Rivers?)

Three Rivers Stadium is - or, I should say, was - the baseball stadium in Pittsburgh (where the Allegheny and the Monongahela Rivers join to form the Ohio River - hence the name).

Cincinnati's baseball stadium was called Riverfront Stadium when it was built, and in 1996 was renamed Cinergy Field.

Oh my god - I just realized that of the above stadiums, only the Reds still play there!

Uh... I hate to break this to you, but... the Reds don't play there any more. Cinergy Field will be demolished later this year. The next home game the Reds play will be Opening Day 2003 at their new home, Great American Ballpark.

I find it fascinating that the ballparks they're tearing down now are the ones that were built in the 1960s and 1970s. There are only three ballparks remaining from the early part of the 20th century: Yankee Stadium, Fenway Park, and Wrigley Field. I've been to all three, and they have terrific character. However, I haven't been to any of the new-generation parks with old-fashioned charm, like those in Baltimore, Cleveland, or Dallas (but would like to do so). I have been to the new Comiskey Park, which is a disgrace, with much of the seating too far and too high to make the game enjoyable; the first row of the upper deck is further from the field than the last row of the upper deck in the old Comiskey Park.

Click here for information about major league ballparks past, present, and future.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 30 October 2002).]

I can't believe you guys are actually blaming Dusty Baker for the ENTIRE world series loss. You're pointing the finger on ONE man. No wonder the Giants don't have a sense of team unity.

What if Glaus didn't hit that double and you would have won the world series? You'd be saying that Dusty's the greatest manager the Giants ever had! I'm just irked at how fans, especially the most passionate ones like the Giants fans are, can blame the downfall of an ENTIRE 7 game series on ONE incident that didn't happen to go your way. That's baseball. Hell, that's Sports in general. That's the beauty of competition. You never know what's going to happen.

Why not point the finger on Bonds while you're at it, since he's the biggest name in that line up. He did create a couple of errors in there. Blame him for everything too. Or Kent for bickering with Bonds. Or Santiago for his knee injury. Or...

Sigh...there's ALWAYS something!

Dusty Baker doesn't deserve to be blamed for the loss any more than Mike Scioscia deserves to be congratulated solely for the win.

It's a TEAM effort. The two of them sit in the dugout calling the shots, sure. But it's the player's responsibility to execute. The Angels players just executed the plan better, that's all.

Stop blaming Dusty! Blame the entire Giants TEAM!

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 30 October 2002).]

Cool - I love the character of the old ballparks. I have never been to Fenway or Wrigley but have seen games in Tiger Stadium, Baltimore's Stadium in the Late 70's, Cincinnatti's Stadium (Three Rivers?), Busch Stadium in St. Louis, Cleveland's old Municipal Stadium, and even the Astrodome. Oh my god - I just realized that of the above stadiums, only the Reds still play there! Sheesh, I'm getting old!
biggrin.gif

Also, the Cardinals still play at Busch Stadium.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

Back