• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

anchor, bolt that holds the spare tire

I came to realize that the bolt or anchor that holds the spare tire come off and was lost. Which explains the rattle in the front. If anybody has one laying around or from their parted out car pls send me email @ [email protected] the part # is 74240-slo-020 Pls let me know how much you want for it.

You should be able to use any old screw that is long enough and has a 10x1 TP. Most bike shops have this screw because it is the same screw they use for the front reflector on mountian bikes with no suspension. Many times bike shops chuck these screws so you may be able to get it for free. They are often chrome plated so you don't have to worry about rust. Some are even Stainless.

Ask me how I know,.... :-)

Good Luck Mad Fast.

Hiroshima,
thanks for the reply buddy. but wasnt there a piece that the screw fits into so it can hold on to the spare tire...wasnt there like a disk or something I dont' remember. I'll try to buy the bolt. The dealer got back to me with pricing for that piece and it's $17.95 or so. I think that you offer a much better option for me than to pay $20 for a new piece. Can you kindly post a pic? or email it to me at [email protected] thanks so much!

I will try to take a pic tonight. My setup is a bit different since I have the spare tire bracket spaced out away from the body a ways since I have my stereo circut breaker behind the battery. So I have a aluminum spacer behind the bracket. As Far as the piece that holds the bracket, I used an aluminum washer that we had lying around the bike shop,.... works fine for me and it has been this way for around 4 years now :-)

I will try to take a pic tonight and e-mail it to you tomorrow.

Jeff

crap I forgot, I will try to get a pic. My machine at home is down so I am not sure I can get the pic off the camera.

I will try.

Jeff

Back