american nsx ended up in sweden

S|b

Contributing Member
hi

there is an american nsx for sale in sweden now and it would be cool if anyone of you knows its history..

USA ----> Germany ----> Sweden

im always getting a bit suspicious when i see those type of cars so if anyone could run a carfax on this..i would be very pleased

JH4NA1154MT000637

anyone?

/Stef

[This message has been edited by S|b (edited 24 February 2003).]

Here's what I got:

CARFAX© has no data on your VIN
CARFAX has no data available on the VIN you supplied, "JH4NA1154MT000637."

Is this the right VIN?

------------------
Biaggi
92 NSX #483
94 CBR900RR

thanks!

Yes its the correct VIN i got it from the cardealer and i also know that it is an american car...i commented on that when i sent the email to the cardealer..and he confirmed that it is an american car...but it has had at least one german owner now its for sale in sweden

the question is

why didnt you get any information about the car...did they give the car an european VIN when the registered it in germany?

any suggestions?

/Stef

I would think that it was never registered in the states.... CarFax usually reports with any DMV institutions and State licensing bureaus... So if it was never registered or titled in the states, it won't show up in their database.... If I were you I would use the FAQ section on the NSX buyers checklist and go from there when inspecting the car.
Good Luck!

------------------
Biaggi
92 NSX #483
94 CBR900RR

I know of one English lady who bought her black Acura NSX in Germany. Reading the papers she had with it it seemd that that particular car was shipped from the US to Germany within one month or arrived in the US. I am not sure, but it could be there was a demand at the time for the car and it was quicker/cheaper to bring it over from the US instead of waiting it to arrive through Honda Europe.
As a matter of fact, there are quite a number of Acura NSX's around in Europe. In Holland there are at least three (out of a total NSX-population of about 15-20).

Back