• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aluminum Racing NSX Floor Jack

jack2s.jpg

We were able to obtain a wholesale source for a small number of these jacks. This is a brand-new never been used jack in the original box from the manufacturer. It's a super light aluminum racing floor jack. Two piece aluminum handle is knurled to help prevent slipping when grease is on your hands. Quick lift feature--6 pumps and you're at maximum lift. Simple turn of the handle and you can lower the unit quickly. Easy to transport and store in small spaces. Simple handle design for easy handling. Rubber saddle prevents marring and rotates 360°. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price - $1,125, but they generally sell for around $500 or so on the web:
http://www.asedeals.com/Ranger_floor_jacks.html

Minimum saddle height: 3.54''
Maximum saddle height: 17.59''
Hydraulic lift: 14.06''
Handle overall length: 47-1/4''
Overall dimensions: 23.62'' L x 11.81''W x 6.1''H
Total weight: 37.40 lbs.

Brand new in box $300+$35 Continental US Ground Shipping. Email me at nsx*at*1017*dot*org*

[This message has been edited by NSXTC (edited 08 July 2002).]

Costco also sells the same one as Harbor Freight. Runs $219 plus tax here in the Carolinas. Of course Harbor Freight does not charge shipping.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan

Is there any difference between these and the ones that Dali and Griots sale? You would think there would have to be.....

Anyone ever see two of them side by side?

I actually tried getting a hold of the Costco one some time ago. They only had it at several stores in the LA area. By the time I got around to Burbank, they were all gone. Not sure if that was the same unit. Seems there is one manufacturer making this jack, and they simply anodize some components different colors and sell them at varying prices under different brand names.

The one I have now is really the same one Harbor Frieght sells. It's a great unit IMO. At $199 shipping included, that's the best deal you are going to find (but no pretty colored anodizing
smile.gif
. Im surprised they can sell them for so little. Don't know how long they can/will continue to sell them so cheap, so I would strike while the iron is hot so to speak.

The one Dali sells are lightning jacks, made in USA. They are one of the first who made it. Different hydraulic pistons design then Asian made.

The one I bought through group buy ($400ish) are made in Taiwan So far they perform well and are very well made. They are the same design, with different details. Like the wheel mounts are different, the aluminum handle is slightly different design, and uses different brand of pump with similar design, and slight variation. Finish product quality is slightly better than the Harbor freight, but slightly lower than the lightning jacks. However, I've seen 2 lightning jacks so far that the hydraulic pump went bad after 1 short year.

My take is, the Harbor freight one (made in China) worth $199, the one I bought through group buy worth maybe $300. And the lightning jack worth the same as the one I bought through group buy.

The picture you posted, compared to the one Harbor Freight sells, are exactly identical as far as I can tell.

[This message has been edited by Andrie Hartanto (edited 09 July 2002).]

Back