Alright guys need some help fast please

I know I have been asking a lot of questions lately but, I have a huge favor to ask all of you by way of imput on this 02 silverstone Nsx I found. The car is a lease turn in. Here are the specs on it:

2002 NSX-T
10,300 miles
Silverstone with gray leather
6spd. with cd changer (Don't know if it has keyless, I forgot to ask)

This vehicle is located at a dealership here in Va.. They told me they would certify the car before they would sell it to me. Before I asked about the certification the dealership said they would sell the car for 75k. I think that price is a little high is it not? Here are the problems I saw with the car already:

Some small scratches on the rear bumper as well as two deep scratches (black plastic is showing)

Drivers side seat bolster is is pretty cracked and I noticed some of the leather or dye has flaked off on the bolster.

Some small scratches and rock chips on the front bumper not a lot of rock chips though maybe a handfull.

Needs rear tires

A couple of small scratches around the car that can be buffed out.

My question is if the price they quoted me is good or should I get them to come down some. As far as the certification goes I will have to get some more info from them on Friday when it goes through the shop. Thanks in advance. Sorry for this being so long!!

Chris

Seems high to me too, A dealer neer me just sold a 2004 that was still "new" never purchased for 80k ..75 sounds like too much, if it needs tires and is not perfect I would say its worth about 60k because of the low miles just my .02

do a nationwide search on autotrader.com and see what else you can find in price on 2002s.

here's one for 4,800$! http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...y&pager.offset=25&lang=en&cardist=2393#vdptop :wink:

Last edited:
I know I spoke to a dealer not that long ago and they were going to part with a new '05 for $78K. So keep looking around, that price sounds steep to me. Good luck!

Update:

I just talked to the dealer and they made an offer of 63k As is. None of the above will be repaired and I would have to purchase and extended warranty since the vehicle would not be certified. I think I am going to pass on this unless you guys think its a good buy for the condition its in. Thanks again for everyone's help in this.

01a4man said:
Update:

I just talked to the dealer and they made an offer of 63k As is. None of the above will be repaired and I would have to purchase and extended warranty since the vehicle would not be certified. I think I am going to pass on this unless you guys think its a good buy for the condition its in. Thanks again for everyone's help in this.

Doesn't the car still have FACTORY warranty?? I think it does, so you should not have to buy their warranty anyway.

Also, that sounds like a lot of wear for $75,000.....but at $63,000 it may be worth consideration.

Certified-shmertified.
Fuey.
I looked at a "Certified" Toyota truck one time at a Toyota dealership. The salesman said "Our Certified vehicles have never been in an accident." I got on the ground and crawled underneath and found several spots with overspray and the inner fender was straightened.
Never take a dealers word for it. Even if it's a year old with 5k on it. Always have someone with no financial interest look at whatever you decide on.
Good luck with your search....
-j-

Back