Alot of old-school owners jumping ship....

Saw MikeC_587 and AK both posted their NSX's within 2 days of each other. Both long time members and it seems it be on going trend here recently.
I havent even driven my NSX more than a few times since NSXPO 07:frown: I've had my S2000 for over a year and haven't even cracked 1k miles. Im an NSX nut and I'm here for life:biggrin:

Last edited:
"I havent even driven my NSX more than a few times since NSXPO08 I've had my S2000 for over a year and haven't even cracked 1k miles"

Drive your cars, they are meant to be driven..I put 12k on my NSX in 18 months, and have put 1200 on my G in 3 weeks...unless you want garage queens...change is always good...

Re: The NSX; it's not just the hardware

Onward and upwards; I'm sure they've gained a lot from the NSX experience and will take the positive experience with them to the next adventure. And maybe they'll be back. :wink:

Saw MikeC_587 and AK both posted their NSX's within 2 days of each other. Both long time members and it seems it be on going trend here recently.
I havent even driven my NSX more than a few times since NSXPO08:frown: I've had my S2000 for over a year and haven't even cracked 1k miles. Im an NSX nut and I'm here for life:biggrin:

I've only driven my NSX a few times since NSXPO 98!

:)

I want to keep mine forever and am enjoying looking at it and the possibility for fun even though I don't get to drive it hardly at all. It is still worth keeping. Heck, in my 10+ years of ownership it is hardly depreciated at all!

I know when I do get to drive her it will be special (like a vacation) and the smiles last a LONG time.

Man Mike_C's is probably one of my favorite nsxs. His is the entire reason i want to paint mine silver

Am very surprised ak is selling. Wow.

But it's understandable. If you're not driving it, then it's difficult to get any enjoyment out of it.

Am very surprised ak is selling. Wow..

Time flies, I remember meeting him ay XPO 04, nice guy. I would claim Bankruptcy and put the car in my mom's name before I would ever part with my 92.:biggrin: I sometimes just open my garage, crack a beer and stare at my baby. I've debated getting an NSX tattoo:biggrin:

Time flies, I remember meeting him ay XPO 04, nice guy. I would claim Bankruptcy and put the car in my mom's name before I would ever part with my 92.:biggrin: I sometimes just open my garage, crack a beer and stare at my baby. I've debated getting an NSX tattoo:biggrin:

ak is a great guy. One of the old skoolers that I've come to respect very much. Though I'd never let him hear me say that and if he's reading this, I must "officially" maintain he's still the biggest dork I've never met.:wink:

All that said, maybe he's planning on getting a newer NSX.

And thought I was the only nut out there. I'm sure my neighbors think I wash the NSX way too many times...even 10 or 11 at night when I can't sleep.

I sold mine last august. It was a great experience owning a NSX and it was my first foreign car I owned. Unfortunately is wasn't a very practical car for Iowa. If I still lived in AZ or CA I'd still have it.

I finished building my 55 chevy so I plan on taking that out on they few nice days we have around here.

"I've been there done that" Meaning keeping garage queens and barely driving it, thinking that your going to keep the car forever. I said this to myself on several cars before. I learned that the amount return on investment is not worth keeping it in the garage and saving the mileage.:confused: Sure you'll get a good resale value on it, but you just end up saving a garage queen for the next new owner and you really did not enjoy it to the fullest.

Take in consideration how much you initially paid for the car and how much it's worth today. The difference in depreciation for the most part it's pretty big, unless you stole the car, or just bought it last year.

Example: my friend who purchased a $50,000 sports car on 2003 and only has 12,000 miles on it today. 2K+ miles every year? I told him he's just saving a new car for the next owner who's going to end up paying only $30K or less. I told him to just go rent a sports car when he needed to drive one next time. It would have been cheaper for him. He laughed of course and said I was crazy. He did put it for sale on Craigslist and only got offers less than $21K.
Just my opinion

What a shame. Just enjoy the ride and drive it already.:tongue:

Last edited:
I've had my car since May '01, so almost 7 years. wow. I am not really in a hurry or desperate to sell so I'm only listing on prime to see if there's any interest. I will probably end up not selling it since the NSX market seems slow in general but I just feel bad not driving it at all these days. We'll see what happens. Trust me, it was hard just putting a for sale ad....

There is a term for this AK, the seven year itch:wink: Of course with a car it is alot less painful to scratch than what that term is normaly associated with:wink:

I'm in a similar position. I love the NSX but it just doesn't make any sense to keep it and keep a GT3 and has a SM as a track car. I keep telling my wife that and that we should sell it. She refuses to sell it and says "you can sell it to me".:tongue:

Yup She is a keeper... my wife that is. The NSX.... Don't know.

I havent even driven my NSX more than a few times since NSXPO 07:frown: I've had my S2000 for over a year and haven't even cracked 1k miles. Im an NSX nut and I'm here for life:biggrin:

I know Mike pretty well. He mentioned selling his NSX quite often over the past year. I kept telling him..NO, NO, NO, but I guess he finally decided to put it up. I've been so busy w/ work that I haven't had a chance to call him.

Mike's NSX is THE example of what an NSX show car should look like.

Just noticed one for sale here in Va Beach. I'm being teased. :(

I'm temped to say screw the garage, get one and just park it on the street under a padded cover.

Re: One more possibility

Must be because of all the recent jackasses and all the stupid threads of late.
Naw, couldn't be that complicated. As we just learned in this post, maybe they are trying to recapture their wasted youth or finally discovered the Viper crowd. :biggrin: Oh wait, that's one in the same :rolleyes:

Even the hottest chick gets boring after a while... :)

Back