Alonso back to McLaren?

BD

Legendary Member
:biggrin:

This is what I call a silly season!!!

McLaren is talking to Alonso for a one year contract... How do people come up with this stuff...lol

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_2946807,00.html

Brace yourself for the most ludicrous piece of transfer gossip you've read this winter...Spanish newspaper AS claims that Fernando Alonso could join, wait for it, McLaren.

Yes, McLaren.

According to the newspaper, McLaren have re-opened 'lines of communication' with Alonso's management less than two months after terminating his contract.

The team is said to have had second thoughts after their Spanish sponsors reacted badly to Alonso's departure and, with the driver market short of desirable goods, McLaren are willing to consider the Spaniard's demand for a one-year deal.

Planet-F1 will believe it when it sees it.

You know, it's a toss up between the Spanish press that German rag who's worse, both are working overtime making stuff up just to sell print. They make our grocery store tabloids look tame.

At first I laughed, then I threw up, because in the end, who knows what's possible? No one will give him his one year paycheck, so Fred's staring down the barrell of a year long sabbatical. And McLaren would have been motivated to fill that seat by now, so apparently both of their plan A's are not working out worth a damn.

Of course the key may well be what Renault chooses to do after getting their whipping out back of the woodshed, (tomorrow right?) so all this speculating could blow away quickly in the next coupla days. Let's hope anyway.

Back