ALMS April 16-18 Long Beach

Seattle guy here, wanting to know if the socal. nsx club is putting together a meet and drive for Long Beach race day. Any info. from you guys is welcomed. I would like to take the week off and drive down to see my family and put a few coastal miles on the car.

Hello,

In the two plus years that I owned my NSX (I live in the LA area), I have not heard of any planned NSX event for this race. That does not mean that there is none, so hang in there and see what pops up. However, in October at the ALMS finally at Laguna Seca (Monterey, CA), Acura has for the past two years sponsored a supper nice corral, including spnsored lunche, a private tack-side tent, other festivities, and the chance to participate on the parade lap on race day. This a great event! Year one there were around 100 NSX's. This year there was around 80.

Best,

Mario

Hi Mario
I went to Laguna seca this year and had a great time. I am following the ALMS and see that it is Long Beach in April. The Fun and excitement of Laguna make me want to drive to another.:biggrin:

Good for you!

I've only gone to the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach once, about 10 years ago. The race track (city streets) is not nearly as fan friendly as Laguna Seca, but fun just the same. You basically are limited to viewing the race from grandstands. You should PM Tony (tamaya), who told me recently that he has gone to the Long Beach races many times. He should be able to give you great information and recommendations.

If you end up coming down for the races, let me know. I may want to go again. We also have meets in Costa Mesa on the first Thur of each month. When is this years race? If your lucky, they will fall at the same time.

Regards,

Mario

Oh,

By any chance were you parked across the street from the entrance to the Laguna Seca race track entrance early in the morning of the parade lap? If yes, I was one of the guys who did the same and we spoke some. I remember the gentlemen as having a late model yellow NSX.

Best,

Mario

I went to the LBGP last year and had an awesome time!! I'm going again this year for sure, no matter what :biggrin: Saw quite a few people crashing, and got some nice pictures of the indy cars locking their brakes :P Definitely get there early! If I remember correctly, Shoreline Parking is one of the closer parking structures. I parked there, 3 day pass for $15.You could see parts of the race from the 5th level of the structure! It's only about a 5 min walk to a few of the entry gates. I actually stayed there for a few hours to protect myself from the sun:biggrin:. Last year there were riot police, because they were afraid the pennywise fans would go crazy!!
But this is an awesome event, I for sure am going back!

Back