All Raleigh, NC Area NSX Owners

NSX owner "Tomcat" who lives in Madison, NC (about 30 miles north of Greensboro and about 90 miles from Raleigh) has invited NSX owners to visit Madison for their first annual Heritage Festival Car Show on Saturday, Oct 7. Tomcat is part of the organizing committee and will be active in this show.

I had suggested to Tomcat that this might be a nice event for Raleigh area NSX owners to attend. A $15 entry fee for those who might elect to enter their cars. You can see more about this event and the town of Madison on his post here in the Southeast Region Forum.

Any interest in this event? Could be a nice drive over there. We could all meet somewhere on I-40 (probably near RDU airport) and proceed from there. About 60 miles west on 40 to Greensboro and then 30 miles north on 220 into Madison.

PS: I have now accumulated a list of 21 Raleigh area NSX owners and have names and phone numbers for most of these owners. If you wish to have a copy of this list, please e-mail me and I'll send this to you.

John Komar

John, thanks for the reminder. I am in Charlotte, we have spoken before. I have every intention of attending this meet as well. Let me know what time you plan on leaving RDU so I can gauge a time to leave and possibly catch up with your guys there. Talk to you soon. Give me a call on my cell if you would like at 843-324-1020.

Chuck

Hey guys, if my car is out of the body shop by then I would definatly be interested in heading out there...I'll keep ya posted!!

Free that weekend, I believe. I'd probably be up for something like that. Been way too long since I have hung out with any of you guys....

I'm a definite possibility. :wink:

pls. add me to the email list for this event.

Keith,

WS is close enough to Raleigh to be considered part of the "Raleigh Area". Besides, we need some members with cars that aren't Black or Red to break up the monotony.

PM me your name and a phone contact and I'll include you in the Raleigh Area Contact List.

John

Assuming it doesn't rain on Saturday, is anyone considering the trip to Madison for the Heritage Festival Car Show and to meet fellow NSX owner "tomcat"?

Also, don't forget the event on Oct 22nd with the Certified NSX Technician. See details in post elsewhere in this section.

John Komar

Sorry, I can't make this one but please give Tomcat my regards. We should all meet up at VIR sometime. I'd be interested to meet other NSXers that track their cars.

It's looking like I will be going-up probably mid-afternoon from W-S. Just want to meet a few of the area NSX folk. I will not be doing the official car show, just a drive and meet.

Keith

I think the "show" will be secondary to all of the NSXs...l'll have hotdogs and hamburgers...
How many? 10-20 cars...
Significant others are also invited.

Tom,

I am uncertain as to how many owners are going to make this trip. I just got back in town this evening, and plan to canvass by phone tomorrow my list of owners. I currently have 23 (including Chuck from Charlotte and Keith from Winston-Salem). I will phone you tomorrow evening with an update of the response I get. Unfortunately, right now, I think they are still calling for rain Saturday morning (bummer).

John

Bummer!

I had a different trip planned... out to the Tail of the Dragon area.
But this time, I'm going MTB with some office friends.

I should be in town for the Holly Lake event later this month tho..

Max

PS. Congrats on getting the car out of the shop Alix!

John, give me a ring when you find out more. The rain (and my hectic schedule--home selling process) may cancel my plans for the drive, but if we have enough still going I would love to meet some of the crew. Thanks, and talk to you soon.

Chuck

99NCNSX said:
Tom,

I am uncertain as to how many owners are going to make this trip. I just got back in town this evening, and plan to canvass by phone tomorrow my list of owners. I currently have 23 (including Chuck from Charlotte and Keith from Winston-Salem). I will phone you tomorrow evening with an update of the response I get. Unfortunately, right now, I think they are still calling for rain Saturday morning (bummer).

John
I'm volunteered for the early part of the day for the "car show"-not expecting too much from this 1st annual show..
I did the AlixP81 thing earlier this summer (in Raleigh) and wanted to return the favor.
I live in the "Pratt House", one block from downtown Madison.
INFORMAL/CASUAL!!!
I'll have beer, soda, hot dogs and hamburgers...late afternoon.
Garage/lift should be available.
I hear there will be crafts, vendors, street music, etc...
Parking should not be a problem...there is a insurance company parking lot across the residential street from my garage.

Attachments

• Garage (from patio).jpg
    Garage (from patio).jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 62
They are closing the streets of the town.
Come into town and tell them you want to enter the show (whether you want to "show" or not), my wife is running the car show registration and she'll direct you to the show or our house. Park at the house and walk the block back or park in the show and save the walk.
My wife's name is Cathy...I'm Tom (get it, TomCat...I guess flying Tomcats has something to do with it too!)

Totally washed out and breezy/cold! The NSXers are smarter than I. The car show was a bust (about 7-10 cars) but the cameraderie was good...
I put my (non-show car) Pantera out to get some fresh air.
The house/garage always is open for NSXs (except my Reserve weekends).
We'll plan it again for later.

Back