Alignment didnt fix it HELP?

shawn110975

Suspended
ok I got new tires in the rear, Nitto NT555 they have a super grip pattern yikes.

well after I got the car back I was driving and noticed it seems like its pulling to one side or the other when making turns almost felt like I was drunk and was swerving all over the road.

so first thing came to mind the one of the tires are mouted backwards. as they are one direction only tires. nope not it. checked all the lugs all were tight.

noticed my rear passnger rim looked crooked. was going to the dealer anyway to pic up some more useless parts today and had they look at it.

the Master NSX Mech Scott ( Ferman Acura tampa ) told me the alignment was off real bad. so he aligned all 4 tires and told me thats why it was squirlly at high speeds.

also told me I have some play in my steering wheel.

my question is have any of you had your car feel like it wants to go in another direction while driving and could play in the steering wheel make this happen?

as its not my toe/camber etc. and the tires are balanced correctly and mounted in the right direction.

Im stumped as after he alligned all my tires I left to go home thats when I noticed its still doing it. could my front bushings or steering gear box be going bad?

Help I know someone out there has had this happen. let me know guys.

thanks in advance

Shawn

Last edited:
I am just guessing here but maybe one of the tire u got is bad. Like a ply of the tire is coming apart inside. That's a guess tho i am prbly wrong.

I think that the profile of the front tires is bad with the profile of the new rear tires (difference worn tires / new tires), the geometry of the nose gear wheels is more in agreement with the new rear tires , check also the pressure (before 33psi, rear 40psi)

Last edited:
^
Yes check tire pressures.

Also, check to see if your brake pads are sticking?

Are these brand new tires?

If so it's going to take 500+ miles to wear the mold reslease agent off of them. I went through the exact same thing with some Goodyear F1GS3s - felt like the alignment was way off and the car wanted to wander it felt really sloppy. After 500 miles it was fine - even though the Goodyears sucked.

Last edited:
I will check the tire pressure today. as for the mold agent they should have cleaned the tires of this release spray right?

should I just get different tires? I mean they are 2 days old and 15 miles on them. whats do you guys think?

now driving it this morning still it grips fine and in turns it feels like im on a roller coaster ride, it actually making me stomach turn. I cant drive this car like this. yukk

and about the profile of the front tires vs the rear I am lost

225/45/ZR16 bridgestone potenza S0-3 front and 255/40/ZR17 Nitto NT555

Get Nitto NT555's on the front ASAP, you are playing with fire mix-matching tire designs/thread/pattern/ etc etc

If the tech mentioned play in the steering, did he check anything in the steering?

I'd look at the steering rack, tie rod ends outer and inner.

If it happened after getting new rear tires and no other work, etc. I'd have to think it is the mismatched tires.

Sulley

Once again.... it's the mold release agent. No, they can't wash it off, it has to be worn off. I went through this exact thing with my Goodyears and thought WTF? For some reason some manufacturers or batches or worse than others. Give it 500+ miles.

I have replaced my rear tires Dunlop SP Sport by Falken, I did not have a problem
here my wheels : front Dunlop SP Sport 9000 (215/40/ZR 17 W) and rear : Falken FK 452 (275/35/ZR 18 95Y)

Last edited:
ok I got new tires in the rear, Nitto NT555 they have a super grip pattern yikes.

well after I got the car back I was driving and noticed it seems like its pulling to one side or the other when making turns almost felt like I was drunk and was swerving all over the road.

so first thing came to mind the one of the tires are mouted backwards. as they are one direction only tires. nope not it. checked all the lugs all were tight.

noticed my rear passnger rim looked crooked. was going to the dealer anyway to pic up some more useless parts today and had they look at it.

the Master NSX Mech Scott ( Ferman Acura tampa ) told me the alignment was off real bad. so he aligned all 4 tires and told me thats why it was squirlly at high speeds.

also told me I have some play in my steering wheel.

my question is have any of you had your car feel like it wants to go in another direction while driving and could play in the steering wheel make this happen?

as its not my toe/camber etc. and the tires are balanced correctly and mounted in the right direction.

Im stumped as after he alligned all my tires I left to go home thats when I noticed its still doing it. could my front bushings or steering gear box be going bad?

Help I know someone out there has had this happen. let me know guys.

thanks in advance

Shawn

As other indicated, you need to put some miles on the new tires....

Did you happen to see the before and after alignment #'s? That should tell you how off it was.

ok update on this issue, got the rear Nitto's removed, had all 4 tires matching tread, matching brand. BF-Goodrich now the car feels like butter,

I mean not one sway or anything. actually since my car has manual steering it feels like it has power steering it turns so much better now.

and I am happy. the play in the steering wheel was the harder tires in the front.

so the rear tires were softer than the fronts so thats what was making my car sway in different directions while driving.

thanks for all your help guys.

I suggest making sure you get all 4 matching brands of tires if this happens to you.

Am I missing something?

Nowhere in the original post does it mention that you had mismatched tires. First, that's just not very smart. But secondly, it's pretty vital information considering the help that you were soliciting. :rolleyes:

Am I missing something?

Nowhere in the original post does it mention that you had mismatched tires. First, that's just not very smart. But secondly, it's pretty vital information considering the help that you were soliciting. :rolleyes:

I think he edited, b/c I remember clearly reading about his 2 different brands of tires ,,, I am almost 100% "positivo"

Back