Air conditioning not working.

Greetings. My air conditioning is out on my 1991 NSX. There is definitely no Freon left in the lines. Anyone else have this issue and what was the problem you found? Are there any known common problems out there with the NSX and the air conditioning? Before I take it in for repair I would like to know what most people have found. It worked in the Fall when I put it away for the winter, this spring it no longer blew cold air. Also anyone know the cost if the condenser, blower motor or compressor is the issue. Thanks in advance.

Mike

If the problem is a leaky evaporator, the labor cost to replace it will be very expensive since the part is located behind the dash. Most of the car's interior has to be removed which is a very time consuming task.

You might want to consider getting a new compressor too. The original compressor on my '91 seized after about 23 years, causing metal shavings to go everywhere in the system-- aka the black death. So I decided to replace all the A/C components in my car with brand new '93 parts before the parts are discontinued.

Back