Air cond/engine corrosion question

Today I went to check out a beautiful 1995 (18K miles) nsx and had a mechanical inspection done at Charlie Thomas Acura in Houston. They said that the front tires need to be replaced/aligned and found slight corrosion in the engine compartment (on the fuel lines and valve covered gasket nuts). How severe is corrosion? Also, the air cond. works great on max but blows out air sporaticaly when not on max setting. For example, it'll blow out air for 20 sec, then stop for 20 sec, blow out for 10 sec, stop for 15 sec, etc...
Any ideas on what the problem is w. the AC & how much it costs to fix? I'm so confused! Car will also need timing belt changed...is $40,500 still a good price? Sorry so many questions, just want my first nsx experience to be a good one! =)

thanks a ton,
~sus

Hello fellow Austinite!

Regarding the A/C issue, based on what I've read (and experienced first hand), it could be either the blower motor power transistor or the actual climate control board (the board behind the controls) or both. I was quoted about $180 for the transistor and $580 for the control board.

I'll let someone else with more knowledge answer your corrosion question.

missnsx said:
They said that the front tires need to be replaced/aligned
It's common for front tires to wear on the inside edge of the tread, particularly if the car hasn't been doing a lot of hard cornering. The alignment might not be off at all. However, it doesn't hurt to check, and an alignment isn't that expensive.

missnsx said:
is $40,500 still a good price?
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/BuySell/pricing.htm

Timing belt change at only 18k miles? Doesn't sound right.

PorknBeanz said:
Timing belt change at only 18k miles? Doesn't sound right.
Acura recommends that the timing belt on a '91-96 is changed every 90K miles or 6 years, whichever comes first. This car is 8 years old, so according to Acura's recommendation, it's two years overdue.

Thanks for the clarification. I was thinking only of the mileage. I forgot about the time limit.

The $40,500 is after these things are fixed, right?

The $40,500 is after these things are fixed, right? [/B][/QUOTE]

No, I'd have to pay $40,500 then get everything fixed. What do you guys think?

ps-thanks to all for the insight

thanks for all your help!

I'm heading back to Houston tomorrow for a 3-day business mtg (& hopefully to pick up my new car! )
Any last suggestions/info/prayers are welcomed... I'll keep ya'll posted~

Back